How does coloring your hair damage your hair?
Hair colors consist of ammonia which causes a lot of damage to your hair. The ammonia lifts the cuticle, altering the hair in a way that will never completely revert back to its natural virgin state. Hair that grows from the scalp will grow out normally with only the hair that has been dyed being affected. If not maintained properly, the dyed parts of your hair will become very frizzy, dry and lifeless.
Does that mean you shouldn’t color your hair?
No, the color does cause damage to your hair but it can be prevented by using some good products and taking care of the colored parts of your hair. Stick to a routine that suits your hair the best. Which is using the right shampoo, conditioner, hair mask or hair oil specifically made for color treated hair because using normal products is going to cause loss of color.
So here we go :
Matrix Biolage Color Last Shampoo & Conditioner:
- This product is inspired by nature’s fade-defying orchid.
- This conditioner claims to provide deep conditioning to the hair; leaving it soft, supple, lustrous and adds shine.
- It helps in lasting your hair color for a longer time.
- It is not suitable for extremely dry and frizzy hair. It is a good product for normal to a little oily hair.
- This conditioner is paraben free but does contain sulfates.
- The product retails for ₹315 for 98ml.
L’Oreal Paris Colour Protect Conditioner
- This is one of the cheapest color care conditioners available in the market. If you are looking for a budget-friendly conditioner, you should go for this one.
- The product claims to protect the hair color from UV filter, nourishes hair fiber and makes hair smooth and silky.
- It is not the best one out of all the other options available in the market but if you have a tight budget, you can go for this particular product.
- The product retails for ₹85 for 71.5ml of product.
Streax Professional Argan Secret Color Protect Conditioner
- The brand claims: It is specially formulated for color treated hair; it repairs and restores damage caused by chemical treatments to give you healthier and stronger looking hair.
- It is enriched with Argan oil and UV filters.
- It detangles your hair, nourishes your hair and makes it look vibrant.
- It not only protects hair but also keeps them soft and lustrous.
The product retails for ₹275 for 250ml.
Schwarzkopf Gliss Hair Repair with Liquid Keratin Color Protect & Shine Conditioner
- Brand claims: The product has a breakthrough formula with 3D-COLOR-LUMINANCE strengthens the hair and seals the hair’s cuticle by which your hair color lasts longer. It provides UV filter protection which helps in retaining shine, vibrancy and repairs stressed hair. The Keratin deeply repairs stressed hair structures that can be damaged in the coloring process.
- The color lasts for up to 12 weeks with the usage of this conditioner.
- It is best suited for dry and dull hair to normal hair type. It is not the best conditioner for extremely dry hair.
The product retails for ₹299 for 200ml.
OGX Moroccan Argan Oil Conditioner
- This product might not be very budget friendly but it is one of the best brands available in the market.
- They don’t claim to protect hair color but every salon I have been to recommend me to use this for my color treated hair.
- It does an amazing job in repairing your hair and making them look healthy, while it doesn’t even fade away the color.
- If you have a higher budget, I would recommend you to not go for any other product (All hair needs are different, it might not work for you but it is worth a try).
The product retails for ₹295 for 88.7ml.
Wella Professionals INVIGO Color Brilliance Conditioner
- This is another product while is not really on the budget-friendly side but it does a really good job.
- The brand claims: It is designed for fine to normal damaged hair that lacks luster and for adding a touch of vibrant luster to the hair.
- It consists of copper, histidine, vitamin E and lime caviar to maintain color vibrancy and protect colored hair.
- The packaging of the product is very cute.
- It makes your hair soft, shiny and frizz free.
The product retails for ₹700 for 200ml.