The Mexican Veg Sandwich Recipe: Hello dear people! I hope the week has started on an awesome note for you all! Well if not, then food will make everything better.:)Treat yourself with some awesome food right away! Today, I want to talk about everything Mexican. Mexican cuisine is definitely one of my favorites apart from others like Indian, Thai and Italian! This cuisine is all about spice and tang. I simply love the flavor combinations and the superkick that tingles in your palate after each bite you take. A lot of times I try to adapt various flavors from different cuisines and try to include them in ways I like. Sandwiches are a crucial part of my breakfast and lunch (I love sandwiches). I try and make various types of sandwiches and it’s really fun to include my favorite flavors in them.
Here’s what I did with Mexican flavors in my new sandwich:
Ingredients of the Mexican Veg Sandwich:
- Red Kidney Beans/ Rajma: ½ cup, overnight soaked and boiled
- Sweet corn kernels: ½ cup, boiled
- Bell Pepper: A handful, chopped (red, green or yellow)
- Tomato: ½, seeds removed and chopped
- Onion: 1, finely chopped
- Cucumber: A handful, chopped
- Pickled Baby cucumber: 2-3, chopped (optional)
- Jalapeño: 1, finely chopped (if you don’t have it, you can add green chili)
- Olives: 4-5, chopped
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice: 1 tbsp
- Chili/Paprika powder: ½ tsp
- Olive oil: 1 tbsp
- Mixed dry herbs: 1 tbsp (oregano, rosemary, thyme, etc.)
- Sauce of your choice for dressing
P.S.: If you want you can add some sautéed mushrooms, but it’s not necessary!
Method of Preparing the Mexican Veg Sandwich:
- Add the chopped onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, olives, cucumber, jalapeño, the kidney beans and the corn in a mixing bowl.
- Now add the salt, chili powder, lemon juice, dry herbs and olive oil. Give it a good mix.
- Now if you are including mushrooms, heat a little oil in a pan and lightly sauté the mushrooms for about 7-8 mins. Add a little bit of salt while cooking them but not much, as we already have salt in the bean and corn mix.
- Once done, add the mushrooms to the mix as well.
5. Now toast your bread lightly on both sides. You can use any bread, but I’ve used Subs for this one!
6. Spread the mix on one slice. Add sauce of your choice on the top (I’ve used tomato sauce and a garlic-yogurt sauce! )
Your super sandwich is ready to serve, loaded with the Mexican kick! This will be enjoyed, by both kids and adults 😉 Its healthy filling and soooo yummy!!