Lipsticks that stay long without cracking, creasing or feathering the lips are boons indeed. No need of constant touch-ups, no needs to be worried about dry lips too. Revlon launched ultimate suede lipsticks in various shades claiming them to be smudge proof, water resistant, transfer proof and much more. They launched these lipsticks in a wide variety of colors to suit all kinds of Indian skin tones. Today, I will be reviewing the Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick Supermodel. Read on to know if this product deserves to be purchased or not.
Details about Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick Supermodel
What is it?
Revlon is a famous international brand that manufactures products which come in between the range of drugstore and luxury brands, which means they are pretty much affordable itself. They have fragrances, cosmetics, skin care and personal care products. The brand claims about the product as follows.
- It is lightweight
- One-step, ultra-comfortable wear with all-day color.
- Instantly moisturizing using a combination of Shea Butter, Vitamin E, and Aloe
- Dries to a beautiful suede finish
- Doesn’t feather bleed.
- Applies evenly to full, creamy color coverage.
- Lips feel smooth, conditioned and comfortable.
2 years from the date of manufacture
Sensitive skin alert
Natural/ vegan/ organic?
My experience with Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick Supermodel
It has the usual twist cap mechanism, a transparent cap and the body of the container is the same color as that of the lipstick.
Colour and texture
The name of the shade is “supermodel” and it has a creamy yet matte that dries soon kind of texture
It has absolutely no fragrance
I purchased 2 shades together since I heard too many good reviews about the product. But as the saying goes, try before buy, I should’ve tried it before. I purchased the shade “supermodel” thinking it was a light, subtle, everyday kind of shade. I applied this lipstick and after an hour or so, my lips were as dry as a withering leaf. I thought maybe I should’ve scrubbed the dead skin off and moisturized my lips prior to application of lipstick, which is why I scrubbed using sugar and water and applied the product. Even then, it was of no use. It contains fish extracts and leads which is why the product is extremely drying. It doesn’t smudge, feather or bleed, but the lines of the lips become visible after 2 hours because of drying. It also stays for 6 hours after meals and drinks, but the drying part is not what is expected. In all, I don’t recommend this product.
Overall performance of Revlon Colorstay Ultimate Suede Lipstick Supermodel
- Wide range of shades
- Easy to carry and use
- Stays long
- Doesn’t smudge, feather or bleed
- Light-weight glides on lips smoothly
- Long lasting
- The shade “supermodel” is an everyday wear kind of shade
- Contains lead
- Contains fish extracts
- Dries out the lips like crazy
- Makes the lip extremely flaky
- Ingredient list not mentioned
- Not cruelty-free
- Highlights chapped parts of the lips within an hour or two
- Extremely difficult to remove the lipstick
Would I repurchase or recommend this?
No, I will not repurchase this product or recommend it
Glossypolish verdict: This lipstick from Revlon is an absolute no-no if you want to protect your lips from drying and looking bad post application. The product applies well but the after effects are bad. It will highlight the lines on your lips and dry it and crease it, making it look worse. It will not bleed but too much feathering will be experienced. In all, don’t buy this. Glossypolish gives this product a 1/5 owing to the pretty colors.
More Revlon Lipsticks?
- Revlon Ultra HD Lipstick Rose Review
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Siren 677 Review
- Revlon Moisture Stay Lipstick Mulberry Review
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Look At Me Review
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Shine In Pink Sizzle, Berry Couture, Rich Girl Red Review and Swatches
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Black Cherry Review
- Revlon Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick It Is Royal Review