Onion Juice for Hair : Onion juice is a well known and easily available ingredient for maintaining hair health, specifically hair loss. It has been used for treating hair issues for a very long time now. It is rich in antibacterial and antifungal properties and therefore it helps in keeping the problem of hair loss at bay.
Benefits of Using Onion Juice for Hair
- Since it is rich in sulphur, it helps to minimize breakage and thinning.
- The antibacterial properties of onion juice helps in fighting infections of scalp. This in turn helps in reducing hair fall.
- Onion juice is rich in potent antioxidants which reverses the effects of premature greying.
- It makes your hair inhabitable for lice.
- Onion juice is good for nourishing the hair follicles and helps restore lost nutrients.
- It is also used to fight dandruff because of its anti-bacterial properties.
- Massaging onion juice on the scalp helps in improving the blood circulation which contributes in hair growth.
Does Onion Juice Work for Hair Loss?
Onion juice is high in dietary sulphur which is found in amino acids which are considered to be components of protein. We all know that keratin (protein) helps in growing stronger hair, so onion juice which is rich in protein does help in strengthening the hair, thus preventing hair loss. The sulphur present in onion juice also helps in collagen production which in turn helps in healthy hair growth. Onion juice also improves blood circulation. Considering all these points, we can say that onion juice does work for hair loss indirectly.
How Does One Use Onion Juice for Hair?
- Apply onion juice directly to your scalp and massage.
- Let it sit for approximately one hour
- After one hour, rinse it off with a good smelling shampoo to get rid of the pungent smell.
- If one fancies, then they can also add other ingredients like honey, olive oil, yogurt to make hair packs.
How Does One Prepare Onion Juice at Home?
- Peel the onions first and cut them into larger chunks.
- Blend these pieces in a mixer grinder
- Add a little water into this mixture and strain it through a muslin cloth
- Voila!! You have your onion juice ready for application
For How Long Can Someone Store Onion Juice?
It is advisable to use fresh onion juice, but if it’s not possible then one can store onion juice in a refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Does Onion Juice Have Any Side Effects?
No, it doesn’t have any side effects, but it is always advisable to do a patch test before applying it completely on the scalp.
So, these were few of the important details about onion juice and its role in maintaining hair health. I hope you found this information helpful. Do try and use onion juice for shinier, glossier and thicker hair.
More Hair Care remedies?
- Olive Oil For Hair Growth Recipe
- Sesame Oil For Hair
- 8 Effective Treatments for Seborrheic Dermatitis Hair Loss
- Should you Wash Your Hair Daily ?
- Natural Remedies that can treat Damaged Hair
- Hibiscus for Beautiful Hair – Home Remedies and DIY !