Who is it for? NYX Color Correcting Palette is a palette for concealing, correcting or contouring. With 4 shades to choose from in each set, you can cover up problem spots, even out imperfections and accentuate your best features in a flash.
How to use:
Take required amount of the product with the back of a clean small brush. Use it after or before foundation depending upon which areas one wants to focus on.
This palette comes in six colors and each one serves a different purpose. This palette contains yellow, green, lavender, salmon and two shades of brown for concealing and correcting.
- Yellow: This one counters redness for medium kind of skin color. And it’s also used for brownish dark circles
- Green: This shade is also used to hide redness.
- Lavender: This color corrector adds brightness to yellow undertone skins.
- Salmon: It’s used for correcting dark circles.
- Browns: it’s used for concealing and contouring.
Sensitive Skin Alert?
My Experience with NYX Color Correcting Palette
It comes in cute packaging, which is travel-friendly and quite sturdy. On the back, a list of ingredients is mentioned.
It’s creamy in texture and it spreads easily. I use either a blender or brush and at times with my finger to spread it.
I use it after I have applied my foundation. I have red marks on my face, I take a small amount of yellow color and mix it with a drop of foundation for better coverage.
- Green: at first, I used green for covering my red spots but I was not satisfied with the look. There was still some redness and this was not meant for my skin.
- Lavender: It’s used for giving brightness to people with yellow undertones, it always has been a skip for me.
- Salmon: I tried using this salmon but it never really covered my dark circles. But it didn’t work. Later on, I realized my skin type needs a brighter orange.
- Brown: I am using the light brown for covering acne marks or any other kinds of imperfections that I have. And the darker brown is a perfect contour for me, but I think a stick or cream based contouring option is better.
What do I like about this product?
- Six different shades.
- Sturdy and travel-friendly packaging
- Satisfy diversified needs not a high price
- Powder formation is good
- Never had a problem with staying power.
What I dislike about product?
- Some colors might not satisfy your needs.
- If the brush while taking out the product is not clean than bacteria can get transferred to the skin as well.
- Some colors are not suitable for some skin tones.
- Better products are available.
- At times not easily blendable
Would I Repurchase or Recommend?
What I think it’s better to buy lose color correctors. And probably liquid form works better. If for someone more than 4 or even colors are used than this product is definitely a good buy. You can play with colors in this palette and get the look which you want.
More on Color Correcting?