Red and fuchsia are two of my favorite lip shades; I just can’t have enough of them in my collection. If you want to go a for a good quality lipstick under Rs.500 category, it is not possible to ignore Maybelline. The Colorshow range of Maybelline has some really nice lipsticks and lip paints with a matte finish. The Colorshow Creamy Matte range has been extended in many specific categories focussing on color groups or trends. One such category is Big Apple Red. This range offers different tones of red lipsticks. Today I am reviewing Maybelline Red Lipstick: Cosmopolitan Red from this range. I like to venture into berry red shades more than the orange-reds and this one is my favorite berry red at the moment.
Details about Maybelline Red Lipstick: Cosmopolitan Red
What is it?
Maybelline Colorshow Big Apple Red Lipstick Cosmopolitan Red is a luscious shade of red to drape the lips in the ultimate elixir. This lipstick is enriched with rich color pigments to give a rich and velvety hue in just one coat. It has perfect style elements to quirk up a simple look and adds an aura of confidence.
Price- Rs.325 for 3.9gm
Shelf Life-36 months from the date of manufacturing
Sensitive Skin Alert?
My Experience with Maybelline Red Lipstick : Cosmopolitan Red
Packaging- This lipstick comes in Maybelline’s standard black bullet packaging with a thin color-coded translucent plastic strip at the opening of the bullet’s lid. Since this lip color is from the matte range, its outer packaging is also matte. The ingredient list and specifications are written in the transparent plastic seal it came into. The bottom of the bullet holds just the color detail, shade name, and manufacturing date.
Texture & Finish- This is a creamy matte formula. It feels smooth, creamy and easy-to-glide while applying. Within 4-5 minutes it settles into a comfortable matte finish however the moisture part does not go dried up completely. Being a matte lippy, it is bound to emphasize the rough parts of the lips so it is best to smoothen the lips beforehand by exfoliating.
Fragrance- Like all the creamy matte Colorshow range lipsticks, this one also has sweet berry fragrance. I love fruity fragrances so I really enjoy the smell. The fragrance does not linger much after application.
Shade & Pigmentation- Cosmopolitan Red is a classic blue-based red that has the certain brightening effect to Indian skin. The shade falls under the category of MAC’s cult favorite Ruby Woo. This lip color is heavily pigmented. In one swipe the true color comes in. I do not like to layer my lipsticks too much as it increases the transferring problem. This kind of pigmented shade does not need layering. It will show on the most pigmented lips with 2 swipes.
Staying power- This lipstick stays on my lips for 6+ hours without meals or drinks. Drinks do not remove the color totally but seem to fade lightly. A complete meal takes off the color from the center parts of the lips majorly.
Experience- This is an all-purpose shade of red that is a must in everyone’s makeup collection. The cool-toned color looks darker and reddish in less pigmented lips. In deeper skin tones, the shade looks pinker in its red note. The shade is obviously bold and can be styled in many ways. This one looks good with intense black smokey eyes for a vampy evening look. For a more statement look, neutral eyes can be paired with this. Maybelline lipsticks generally leave annoying stains on the lips if the lipstick stays for 5-6 hours. This one does get removed completely if a cream or oil based makeup remover is used.
Overall Performance of Maybelline Red Lipstick: Cosmopolitan Red
- Classic blue based red
- Looks pretty on everyone
- Gives comfortable matte finish
- Intensely pigmented
- Staying power is quite nice
- Can be worn for the day as well as evening looks
- Does not dry out lips completely
- Does not get deposited into fine lines of lips
- Does not stain the lips
- Not completely transfer proof
Would I Repurchase or Recommend?
Shade wise, pigmentation wise and performance wise Cosmopolitan Red is, no doubt, the best shade of Maybelline Colorshow Big Apple Red Lipstick range. In fact, this blue-based red is quite a versatile shade that works across skin tone and undertone. This is a must-have shade for me so I will repurchase if I am over with my current bullet. I will recommend this to all!
More Maybelline Lipsticks?
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick On the Mauve 445 Review
- Maybelline Color Show Creamy Matte Lip Color Pop of Pink Review
- Maybelline Super Stay 14 Hour Lipstick Enduring Ruby Review
- Maybelline Color Show Bright Mattes Lipstick Merry Fuchsia Review
- Maybelline New York Superstay 24 Color 2 Step Lipstick Everlasting Wine Review
- Maybelline New York ColorShow Lipstick Crushed Candy 103 Review
- Maybelline New York Superstay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick Review
- Maybelline Color Sensational Powder Matte Lipstick Make Me Blush Review
- Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick 309 Caramel Custard Review
- Maybelline Colorsensational Loaded Bold Lipstick Chocoholic Review
- Maybelline Plum Perfect Color Sensational Lipstick Review
- Maybelline Blazing Orange Colorshow Bright Mattes Lipstick Review
- Maybelline Pretty in Plum Color Sensational Lipstick Review
- Maybelline Colorshow Bright Mattes Lipstick Brilliant Red M214
- Maybelline Rebel Bouquet 05 Lipstick Review
- Maybelline Colorshow Orange Icon Lipstick Review
- Maybelline Colorshow Burgundy Blend Lipstick 409 Review
- Maybelline Color Show Lipstick Crushed Candy and Cherry Crush Review
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Red Revolution Review
- Maybelline Rich Ruby Crème Matte Lipstick Review
- Maybelline Rebel Bouquet Lipsticks REB01, REB02 and REB04 Review and Swatches
- Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick Big Apple Red Review
- Maybelline Color Sensational Velvet Matte Lipstick Mat 6 Review
- Maybelline Lip Gradation Lipstick Pink 1 Review
- Maybelline Colorshow Red Diva 204 Lipstick Review
- Maybelline Stay With Me Coral Super Stay 14hr Lipstick 430 Review
- Maybelline Pink Alert Lipstick POW 3 Review
- Maybelline Super Stay 14hr Lipstick Timeless Crimson 075 Review
- Maybelline Vivid Matte Lipstick Neon Pink Review
- Maybelline Colorshow Lipstick Red Rush , Choco Latte , Wine Festival And Coffee Break Swatches And Review
- Maybelline Colorshow lipstick Fuchsia Flare Review
- Maybelline Color Show Matte Lipstick Rock the Coral Review
- Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick Pleasure Me Red Review
- Maybelline Color Sensational Summer Sunset Lipstick Review
- Maybelline Super Stay 14 Hr Non Stop Red 510 Lipstick Review
- Maybelline Bold Crimson Color Show Lipstick Review
- Maybelline Color Show Lipsticks Red Rush, Plum Tastic And Violet Vibe Review And Swatches
- Maybelline Super Stay 14hr Lipstick Perpetual Peony (005) and Infinitely Fuchsia (160) Review
- Maybelline Color Sensational Bold Matte Lipstick Mat 1 Review
- Looking for Best Lipstick For Dark Lips ?
- Maybelline Lip Gradation Mauve 1 |Swatches |Review
- Maybelline Color Sensational Matte Mat 2