Who does not adore doing eye makeup; whether a makeup junkie or not, I believe every girl possess at least one gorgeous palette of eye shadow. Talking about mine, I have this amazing palette by Maybelline- a brand favorite of every girl!
So lately, what happened is, I was looking for some eyeshadow palette for my cousin’s wedding. I was really confused between the Rock/Blushed Nudes by Maybelline and this one. But I, being a novice, thought it would be better to start with a starter pack and not jump to the winners. Now, let us see how worthy this palette is.
Basic Info of Maybelline Color Sensational Eyeshadow Palette Rose Quartz Pink
Price: Rs 575
Net weight: 2.4gm
The brand claims: Maybelline New York is introducing its first ever eye palette with the 3-dimensional top coat, the Color Sensational Diamond Eyeshadow. Get amazing texture with 3 hues of pearl powder, one glitter, and one matte powder to exclusively highlight your eyes.
Shades Available: Tourmaline Purple, Rose Quartz Pink, Sapphire Blue and Topaz Gold.
How to use:
Step1: Apply highlighter an all over eyelid up to brow bone.
Step2: Apply base color B on the eyelid for a lighter look OR base color C for a deeper look.
Step3: Draw a line with D along the lash line.
Step 4: Apply top coat E on entire eyelid for a shinier look.
My experience with Maybelline Color Sensational Eyeshadow Palette Rose Quartz Pink
Packaging: The palette comes in a black tiny square box. It has a clear lid and a silver sticker incised with Maybelline written over it. It consists of five different shades and one regular sponge applicator. The tiny size allows you to carry it anywhere.
Shades: This 3-D eye shadow palette provides you with one highlighter, two base coats, and two top coats. Well, given the fact that there are four different variants of this Diamond palette, I chose ‘Rose Quartz Pink’ because of the combination of shades provided.
- Shade A: This shade is the basic highlighter in peach color which matches almost every skin tone. It gives an immediate brighter look to your eyes.
- Shade B: This is a rose brown shade with little or zero shimmers. The shade is lighter base color if you want a natural look. Also, it does not portray the color it has on eyes; a little light, so to say.
- Shade C: The darker version of shade B. It is dark brown or copper brown shade which is the darker base color if you want more defined eyes. It consists of pink shimmers. You may use it to define some particular parts of eyes like creases and corners.
- Shade D: This is the darkest of all shades and consists of dark pink shimmers. The shade is a mix of brown and black. It is mostly used to define the lash line but it can also give you a smoky look if you know how to do it.
- Shade E: Well this shade is used as the top coat to give a shiny look to your eyes. It is basic pink shade with lots of shimmers infused. I loved this shade so much to the extent that I sometimes use it as a highlighter which works well.
Experience: Now, the important part; all the shades except shade B are highly pigmented. Shade B is difficult to use as it doesn’t come off on the applicator. The most pigmented shades are A and D with good color payoff. The overall effect stays for like 6-7 hours.
Overall performance of Maybelline Color Sensational Eyeshadow Palette Rose Quartz Pink
- Travel friendly
- Five amazing 3-D shades
- Great pigmentation
- Infusion of shimmers
- Stays for a longer period
- Creamy texture, non-chalky
- Easy to blend
- Doesn’t create a messy look
- Multiple looks can be created
- Only shade A is matte
- Shade B is not pigmented
Shade D falls off sometimes
Would I consider a recommendation or repurchase?
Yes, I believe you should really buy this budget palette in the shade suitable to you. I am surely going to repurchase this palette because the shades are irresistible.