Lemon Juice Side Effects: Be it weight loss or desire to achieve a brighter skin tone, lemon has always been our shining star. Also, would you enjoy your golgappa without some lemon squeezed? We use lemon juice as a key ingredient in many food items, health and beauty techniques on a regular basis. It has been used for ages and all not for trend. This medicinal fruit is rich in vitamin C, antioxidants and minerals which are required by our body. Also, it adds great flavor to food.
But as we know, too much of anything has never done any good to us. Too much of lemon juice going into our system may also not show any beneficial result. In fact, it is harmful in some cases.
See how lemon can actually be evil in disguise.
- Teeth sensitivity: We often notice some people like to have salted lemon after a meal. Too much of this acid on teeth may wear off the teeth in the long run and also increase sensitivity.
- Dehydration: This may actually sound unbelievable but it’s true. Lime juice promotes the release of urine from the body. This way it decreases the water level in our bodies, causing dehydration.
- Migration: the Previous point brings us to this one. Lime juice can trigger migraine by lowering the water content in our body.
- Canker sores: These are the most painful oral infections that are worse than nightmares. Citric acid intensifies the pain and the sore. Make sure to not have lemon juice by any means when you are suffering from such sores.
- Triggers reflux stress: Do not drink lemonade when you are suffering from acidity as it will worsen it. Lemon juice may trigger gastroesgophegel reflux disorder (GERD) resulting in Nausea, heartburn and vomiting.
- Avoid Lemon Ulcer patients: Lemon juice may get in the way of your healing ulcer by increasing the acid content of your stomach and can cause irritation in the stomach lining.
- No lemon for breakouts: When you have pimples or acne, it is advisable to not put lemon juice directly onto them as it may leave dark spots after it has healed.
Although we have rarely seen cases where lemon juice did more damage than good, there’s no harm in being informed and have lemon juice in controlled amounts. Having a glass of lemon juice with honey every day is more than safe. So, don’t freak out if you are doing that already. But reckon its side effects when you crave it too much.
More on Juices?
- Lauki Juice Benefits
- Amla Juice Side Effects
- Is Orange Juice Good For Health ?
- Papaya Leaf Juice Benefits
- Bael Fruit and Bael Juice Benefits
- Aloe Vera Juice Benefits
- Onion Juice for Hair ?!
- Tomato Juice Benefits for Skin & Hair + DIY