A lipstick can either brighten your face or can wash out the entire look. Yes, that is the power of a lipstick. I usually buy lipstick shades that go well with almost all my outfits like nudes, pinks, reds etc. I like Lakme products as they have a variety of make-up range to opt from. I bought Lakme Matte Lipstick Peach Pout. Whether this lakme matte lipstick orange brightened or faded my look, let us find out in this review.
Basic Info About Lakme Matte Lipstick Peach Pout
Price and Quantity:
MRP INR 750/- for 3.7 g
The lipstick comes in a metallic body with a transparent cap. It definitely looks good and classy. Its sleek body does not occupy a lot of space.
Key Features & Benefits:
- Matte texture and finish.
- The high color payoff in one stroke with the most vibrant shades.
- Long lasting formula.
- Contoured Lips.
- Matte Finish.
- Created and recommended by backstage experts.
My experience with Lakme Matte Lipstick Peach Pout
I would begin to say that this range of Lakme lipsticks i.e., Lakme Absolute Sculpt Studio Hi-Definition Matte Lipsticks are really good in terms of texture and pigmentation. People like me who love matte texture MUST try these lipsticks. However, choosing the right shade is important.
This shade Peach Pout is definitely good and will work well with the people on the fairer side of skin tones. As it is a coral pink shade, it may wash out the look of certain skin tones. While the color looked bright and pretty when I have a clear complexion, it looks pale on my tanned face. Why I am saying this is because I had taken this particular lipstick shade with me on one of my summer vacations and it just made me look a little pale after I had a tanned skin tone. In photographs that were taken from a distance, it looked like I had no lips at all. Otherwise, it is a beautiful peppy shade. I would advise to try it on before you buy it.
But as far as the texture is concerned, it is really good. It glides easily over the lips and settles to give a matte finish. It gives a good coverage and hides the discoloration on the lips. But because it is matte, it may enhance your chapped lips because it does not provide moisture to lips, which is fine because most of the matte lipsticks don’t. So it is advisable to moisturize the lips before applying the lipstick. Also, though it is matte, it is not transfer resistant.
So, all in all, I feel the lipstick is good and this particular shade may either brighten up the look or fade it, depending on your skin tone.
Overall Performance of Lakme Matte Lipstick Peach Pout
- Good pigmentation.
- One stroke application.
- Long lasting.
- Texture is smooth.
- Lots of shades to choose from.
- Does not suit the dusky/tanned skin tones.
- It is not transfer resistant.
- Settles into fine lines of lips.
- Enhances chapped lips, so moisturizing the lips beforehand is advisable.
Would I recommend?
Yes, but in a different shade may be.
3 out of 5 (for this particular shade only)
More Lakme Matte Lipsticks?
- Best Maroon Lipstick: Lakme 9 To 5 Primer +Matte Maroon Mix
- Lakme 9 to 5 Primer + Matte Lipstick Coffee Command Review
- Lakme Absolute Sculpt Studio Hi-Definition Matte Rose Bloom Lipstick Review
- Lakme 9 to 5 Primer + Matte Powder Foundation
- Lakme Absolute Crimson Touch Sculpt Studio Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick Review
- Lakme RM14 Enrich Matte Lipstick Review
- Lakme Crimson Silk 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Mousse Lip & Cheek Color
- Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Lip & Cheek Color Coffee Lite Review
- Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Mousse Lip and Cheek Colour Blush Velvet Review
- Lakme 9 To5 Creaseless Matte Lipstick Red Chaos Review
- Lakme 9 to 5 Weightless Matte Mousse Lip and Cheek Color Burgundy Lush Review
- Lakme 9 to 5 Creaseless Matte Lipstick Orange Edge Review
- Lakme Enrich Matte Lipstick BM 10 Review
- Lakme Enrich Matte Lipstick PM 15 Review
- Heads Up Girls! Lakme’ Is Launching 20 NEW Enrich Matte Lipstick Shades Tomorrow!!
- Lakme 9 To 5 Lakme Creaseless Matte Lipstick Red Letter Review
- Lakme Absolute Sculpt Studio Hi-Definition Matte Lipstick Red Flames Review