No one likes those pesky blackheads and whiteheads on the face! There are million products and techniques people try to keep them at bay- steaming and extraction, creams, masks, scrubbing, nose strips and the list goes on. I am going to be reviewing a new product on the market which is relatively painless. The product I am talking about is the Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Blackhead Out Balm. Let us see if it really works or not.
Table of Contents
Basic Info about Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Blackhead Out Balm
What is it?
This is a light cleansing balm which when massaged on a blackhead area for 3 to 5 minutes continuously will help you get rid of the blackheads.
Who is it for?
This product is for people with all skin types but it will be especially useful for someone with oily skin who are more prone to blackheads.
450 Rupees for 30gm
12 months from the date of manufacturing.
Sensitive Skin Alert?
How to use it?
- Take a small amount of balm from the tub and apply to the area with blackheads.
- Massage the balm continuously for 3 to 5 minutes
- Wash with lukewarm water
My Experience with the Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Blackhead Out Balm
Packaging- The balm comes in a sturdy tub packaging with a screw-on cap It is small and compact, making the product extremely travel-friendly. But as it you have to dip your finger into the product to scoop out some balm, it makes the product unhygienic to use.
Fragrance- The balm has no real fragrance but if you have an extremely strong nose you may smell feel that it smells the tiniest bit waxy. Thus, people with sensitive noses can use this easily.
Irritation or Break-out- Certain balms cause the skin to be breakout or cause irritation. But this balm causes no such effect on the skin where it is applied or the skin around.
Texture and Color- The balm is solid in the tub but melts as soon as you touch the balm. On touching the balm comes out absolutely clear on the fingers. This transparent balm feels a bit waxy on the fingers but feels like a light oil on the application.
My Experience- I have blackheads on my nose and a couple around my chin. I started using this balm with a ton of skepticism and I was right. It only took care of a couple of the blackheads on my nose which was prominent and superficial and did nothing whatsoever for the ones on my chin.
I have tried this balm consistently for two to three weeks and it has done nothing extraordinary for my blackheads. It removes the superficial blackheads without any pain or irritation which alternative methods like nose strips or extraction but surely leaves the deeply seated blackheads as they are. But it does make my nose appear clearer for a day after I use it.
Overall Performance of Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Blackhead Out Balm
- It takes out the superficial blackheads
- Doesn’t irritate or break out the skin
- Has no fragrance
- The tub packaging makes it travel-friendly
- A little goes a long way
- Can be very useful for people with a lot of blackheads
- The balm is a little unhygienic for use as you have to dip your hands into the product
- The balm doesn’t remove all the blackheads
Would I Repurchase or Recommend?
I would not repurchase it but if you have a lot of blackheads, you can surely give it a try as it only takes minutes and it is not at all painful.
More Blackhead/Nose Treatments?
- Innisfree Blackhead Good Bye Finger Tip Silicon Review
- Neutrogena Deep Clean Blackhead Eliminating Daily Scrub Review
- Clean and Clear Blackhead Clearing Daily Scrub Review
- Safe Home Remedies for Blackheads !
- The Face Shop Jeju Volcanic Lava Aloe Nose Strip Review
- The Face Shop Jeju Volcanic Lava Volcanic Ash Nose Strip Review
- Innisfree Jeju Volcanic Nose Pack Review