Benefits of Haldi Milk: We all know of turmeric milk as something that our mothers would force us to have from time to time, as when we would complain of some health issues. We wouldn’t know the benefits of turmeric milk back then but now we know why our mothers would ask us to have it. To know more about the amazing benefits of turmeric milk, keep on reading the article.
Benefits of Turmeric Milk
Turmeric milk can prevent and protect the body from arthritis and stomach ulcers. It is also known as the ‘Natural Aspirin’ in Ayurveda and can cure headaches and swelling on various body parts.
For Cough and Cold
Turmeric milk is considered to be the best home remedy for curing cough and cold because of its antiviral and antibacterial properties. It is believed to give instant relief from a sore throat and if you drink haldi milk daily then it will keep a cough and cold at bay.
Pains and Aches
Turmeric milk gives the best relief from pains and aches, especially backache. It also strengthens the spine and the joints in our body.
The combination of hot milk and turmeric is considered to be an excellent source of antioxidants that can fight free radicals and can cure various kinds of ailments.
In Ayurveda, turmeric milk is considered to be the best purifier and cleanser of blood. It revitalizes and boosts the blood circulation in our body. It is also a blood thinner that cleanses the blood vessels of all impurities.
Turmeric milk is a natural liver detoxifier as it also cleanses the blood vessels. It boosts the liver function and supports the liver and lymphatic system in our body.
Turmeric Milk is a powerful antiseptic drink that promotes the health of the intestine and very well treats the stomach ulcer and colitis. It also prevents diarrhea and indigestion.
Turmeric milk is an antispasmodic which is known to ease menstrual cramps and pain. It is also good for pregnant women for easy delivery, postpartum recovery, for improving lactation and for faster contractions of the ovary.
Turmeric Milk is well known for breaking down the dietary fat and therefore it is considered good for controlling body weight.
Cures Autoimmune Diseases
In some rare case scenarios, it happens that our immune system starts acting against our own cells and tissues and starts destroying them, causing autoimmune diseases like scleroderma, rheumatoid and psoriasis. Consuming turmeric milk helps in keeping these health conditions at bay.
Improves Reproductive Health
Turmeric Milk is a mild phytoestrogen and therefore promotes reproductive health in women. It is recommended for women who are facing trouble conceiving due to hormonal imbalance.
Warm turmeric milk is known to produce an amino acid – tryptophan that induces peaceful sleep and therefore it is found to be helpful in curing insomnia.
How to Prepare Turmeric Milk at Home?
- 1-inch raw turmeric, also known as ‘kacchi haldi’ in Hindi or 1 teaspoon Haldi powder
- A glass of milk
- Preferred sweetener like honey etc.
- Take the milk in a pan and drop in the one-inch raw turmeric or 1 teaspoon turmeric powder.
- Let the mixture boil for 15-20 minutes till the time the milk doesn’t take the yellow color of the turmeric.
- Add your preferred sweetener to the milk.
- Strain the milk into a tall glass and have it warm.
- Before consuming turmeric milk, check for allergies that you might have. If at all you are allergic to turmeric you might experience some rashes on your face and body.
- Do not over consume turmeric milk as its tendency is warm. It might cause heart burn, nausea, liver troubles etc. So be careful with the amount of turmeric milk you are consuming.
- Pregnant women should note the amount they are consuming as excessive turmeric milk may cause uterine walls to contract.
- Turmeric might interfere with other medicines that you may be consuming, so consult your doctor before starting to have turmeric milk
So these were some of the benefits of consuming turmeric milk. Reap the benefits of having this golden drink as much as you can.