Who Is It for? The Avon Illuminating Face pearls are the perfect highlighter for day-to-day makeup as well as a special occasion makeup. This product is perfect for all highlighter fans! It can also be used as a compact powder over your base to give your face a shiny and glowing look.
Rs. 749 for 22 grams
How to use?
The product can be used in 2 ways –
- Highlighter – Use the sponge given along with the product or a fan brush to apply the product on the highpoints of your face – cheekbones, forehead, bridge of the nose, cupid’s bow, and chin.
- Face Powder – The Illuminating pearls can also be used as a face powder. Take a little product on a Kabuki brush and apply it all over your face over your base makeup. Blend the product with the base to get a flawless look.
Any sensitivity alerts?
My experience with Avon Illuminating Face Pearls
Packaging – The Pearls come in a black circular plastic box which is very sturdy. The look of the whole box is quite premium and has a nice finish. As the box is opened, there is a big circular sponge provided for application and the pearls lie underneath it. The overall packaging of the product is excellent.
Staying Power – The product stays on your face for about 7-8 hours but it does loose some of its shimmers after 3-4 hours. So a touch-up would be needed.
Texture – The pearls are extremely soft to touch and have a satin-like finish. But the product itself is quite powdery. The brush/sponge pick up the powder from the pearls. So, its basically a powder highlighter.
Pigmentation – The pigmentation of the product is mediocre. The pearls are in 3 shades of peach which are all mixed together in the box. The pearls range from white to dark peach. The lighter colored pearls do not give any color to your skin. They have a transparent shimmer look. But the darker peach ones can be used as a blush too.
What do I like about this product?
- Easy to apply
- Soft and light color
- Gives a beautiful glow to the skin
- Highlights the high points of your face perfectly
- Good quantity
- Good texture
What don't I like about this product?
- Price is a little on the higher side
- The sponge is not of the best quality
- Not easily available
Would I repurchase or recommend?
I have used this product quite a few times now. Because of the subtle colors of the Pearls, it is perfect for both everyday makeup looks as well as a heavy makeup look. The peach color is very pretty and looks beautiful on the Indian skin tone. Yes, I would repurchase this product.
Author Rating – 4.5
More Avon Products?
- Avon Body lotion Juicy Moisture Raspberry and Hibiscus Review
- Avon Kajal : Big and Daring ! Review + Swatches
- Avon Eyeliner | Simply Pretty – or NOT that Pretty !
- Avon Lipstick | Gold Lipstick | Golden Raisin | Swatches
- Avon Makeup Simply Pretty Pressed Powder is Not..
- Avon Clearskin Blemish Corrector Review
- Avon Naturals Papaya Whitening Cleanser Review
- Avon Naturals Lotus 3 in 1 Gel Cream Review
- Avon Solutions Refined White Day Cream Review