Green Tea Beauty Benefits and Tips: Did you know about aging reversal qualities of green tea? Well, most of the people know that green tea is effective for weight loss, but not everyone is aware of its anti-aging properties. Here are 4 benefits of green tea to slow down aging. But before that, you should know why aging happens.
Aging occurs due to a chemical reaction within your body cells which releases a certain amount of toxins known as free radicals. They damage our healthy cells which lead to less oxygen supply to them. Thus, collagen level decreases and the skin lose its youngness.
This starts happening after 30 and continues because the larger the amount of free radicals being released, faster is aging. Here, we need to cut those free radicals which are done by green tea. Though it is a slow process, it has long-term benefits. Now, let us have a look at the anti-aging properties of green tea.
How Green Tea works?
Green tea contains a lot of polyphenols and flavonoids, anti-oxidants which are water-extractable who work together and cut those free radicals in your body. It had been proven that the difference in the lifespan of tea drinkers and non-tea drinkers is approximately 5 years. The anti-oxidants are not only effective inside, but also outside as they stress your skin cells and bring back that radiance on your skin.
Benefits of Green Tea for Anti-Ageing
- Skin renewal: Many people are not aware of the term ‘photoaging’ which means changes in skin due to UVA or UVB rays. Polyphenols present in this tea prevents photoaging and damages occurred due to sun exposure. Also, it cleanses and moisturizes your skin and provides radiance.
- Improvement in joint pain: One of the major signs of aging is aching and creaking of knee joints. But if you make a habit of green tea every day then the pain can be avoided. Polyphenols and flavonoids are capable of strengthening your joints and reduce the pain and combat all types of arthritis.
- Metabolism: We all know the importance of a healthy stomach. If the metabolism and digestion system is not good, it can advance several diseases and increase chances of faster aging. Green tea regulates digestion and controls stool Ph to increase healthy bacterial growth. Moreover, it kills bad bacteria which give you a healthy stomach.
- Increases lifespan: Results have proven that people who consume a cup of green tea daily looked healthier and younger than those who do not. The antioxidants present in green tea prevents many aging-related diseases like heart problems, high level of cholesterol, obesity, joint and bone problems, etc.
Green Tea Beauty Tips
- Green tea moisturizing face pack: Take green tea leaves and add 1tsp milk and 1/2tsp sugar. Stir well to form a paste and apply on your face evenly. After 15 minutes, wash it off. This formula provides great results to dry skin people.
- Green Tea Scrub: Take one tea bag of green tea and add some sugar and water in it. Mix well and apply on your face. This face scrub exfoliates your skin and gives a natural glow to you.
- Green Tea Toner: Toning you face is really important and green tea acts as a great toner for your skin. To make a toner at home, prepare green tea and pour it into the ice tray. These cubes pull excess oil from your skin and help in cleansing it.
Now, all I will say is, “A cup of green tea a day keeps aging away.”
If you know any other anti-aging properties of green tea, then let me know.
You would also like to read these articles :