Hello, people, I hope you all are having a great week.Since the last few days, I’ve been constantly eating healthy breakfast and dinner and it’s becoming a fun process to try out a variety of Healthy food options.While I was experimenting with new ways of having healthy food, I realized how colorful, delicious and joyful it can be. Many of us think that eating healthy means boring food, dieting and not eating food that’s delicious. Trust me, eating healthy has got nothing to do with you giving up on delicious food. It’s just about balancing your diet well and knowing when to eat what, and the right portion too! I’m trying to follow the same.I’m not going to give you all too much of a knowledge session, as I’m no professional. But I want to share this amazingly beautiful, deliciously good veg sandwich that I made during my ‘healthy food’ experiment! It’s very easy to make and takes less of your time too. You can do the preparation a night before as well. It becomes a perfect option for a weekday and keeps you full for a long time!
Ingredients of Healthy Veg Sandwich :
- Handful of chopped carrots
- Handful of chopped bell peppers
- Handful of chopped zucchini
- 6-7 small florets of Broccoli
- A few lettuce leaves chopped
- A few corn kernels
- Bread slices according to how many sandwiches you’ll make (Brown bread preferred)
- Yoghurt: 2 tbsp
- Honey: 1 Tsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chili flakes to taste
- Lemon juice: 1 Tsp
Method of Preparation Healthy Veg Sandwich:
- In a mixing bowl add all the chopped veggies. Then add the yogurt, honey, lemon juice, salt, pepper and chili flakes and mix well.
2. Now take a slice of bread and spread some of the fillings evenly. Cover with another slice and prepare the sandwich in a sandwich maker until done.
P.S. If you don’t have a sandwich maker, you can cook the sandwich in a pan. Add some oil in a pan and cook both sides until the bread is browned and toasted.
More healthy recipes coming up!! Stay tuned 🙂