We all have bad experiences with products, no matter how many reviews or youtube tutorial you see, mishaps will certainly occur.I’ve been through the same, I know the feeling of money down the drain.
In fact, I fall under the prey of bad products too quickly, it’s almost impossible to contain myself from buying new things every week. They are so appealing!
Let’s cut the small talk and get to the point. As you have read the title, I will share 3 products that did not work out for me and I absolutely regret buying.
I have picked out one product from each category: Skincare, Hair & Makeup.
Disclaimer: If a product doesn’t work for me it doesn’t mean it won’t for you as well. What is suited to your skin might be allergic to mine and vice versa?
All of the opinions on the products are my own.
Let’s take a look, shall we?
1.Pantene Pro V Oil Replacement
Let the drum rolls come through! Undoubtedly I can award this thing for the worst product of the century. Trust me blindly when I say this is not how it was advertised! And hell no it cannot replace your hair oil!
As I mentioned earlier I fall into the prey of deceiving products too quickly, this is exactly what happened I fell for beauty influencers raving about this like it was a Godsend and the next thing I know I did was add to cart. Never trust paid promotions.
Wanna know something even worse, I was so supremely confident in this, that I bought the bigger size rather than a small. Wish I could rewind that moment and slap myself! What was I thinking?
This product tops my list of bad products and here why :
- How do you expect a leave-in conditioner to work, this performs the exact opposite.
- You’re supposed to be using this before combing, blow-drying or sun and saltwater exposure but immediately after applying this I find it impossible to comb my hair.
- Imagine adding more knots to your already tangled hair. It makes your hair almost frizzy in nature.
- That is not even the worst part when I was about to wash my hair damn boy! This thing literally came off on my hand like a conditioner, took me hours to just take the product off and then shampoo.
- To top it off it has alcohol! How very nice!
There you go, plenty of reasons to hate it.
2. Lakme Eyeconic Curling Mascara
Honestly, why Lakme? What were you trying to achieve with this mascara?I can do without this, you can do without this, the entire universe can do without this. Also, I personally would have never bought this mascara, I got this as a gift and here I am using this.
Save your money because you will find better mascaras in this price range.
Why I hate this :
- This does absolutely nothing, no curl, no volume, no length, no drama, no separation. To be precise, it just adds a black coating on your eyelashes. That’s it.
- If you know mascara wands, you can tell just by looking at it that it won’t do much for your lashes.
- Not waterproof, I hate non- waterproof mascaras, within 1 hour of wearing this it looks like I got punched in the eye. This mascara is a big no from my side!
3. The Face Shop Jeju Aloe Gel
I had high hopes for this one. But disappointed sadly. I bought this last summer, aloe vera gel can be excellent for cooling and soothing the skin plus includes so many benefits. So I thought of giving this a try. I was attracted to that 90% aloe vera gel printed on top.
Why I don't like this :
- I have no idea why but every single time I apply this on my face I get tiny white bumps the next day.
- It contains alcohol. Even though it’s formulated without mineral oil and paraben etc, alcohol should not have been used. Please check the ingredients in your skincare thoroughly before buying.
- Feels a little sticky. If I wear this alone and go out, I come back with all the city’s pollution stuck on my face like a mask. Ugh.
- Nevertheless, it works perfectly fine on my hair and body.
That’s it folks, hope you learned some valuable lessons and apply it next time before spending on a product.