Today, when we look something up, there are hundreds of options available! There are different brands, colours, types and more that makes our head spin. Sometimes the products work well enough for us, sometimes they don’t. It’s a gamble, basically.
Again, what works for a person may or may not work for the other. So this blog is my opinion. There is a good chance you used the same and loved it. I have my reasons for disliking certain purchases and I have tried to list my reasons.
When Manish Malhotra came up with his line of cosmetics, I was delighted! I felt like Kareena Kapoor from Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham. I wanted to try out everything he could offer. But did the commodities work for me?
Manish Malhotra’s Hi-Shine Lipstick by MyGlamm: English Rose:
A beautiful black and gold packaging made my heart flutter. I could not wait to use the product! I chose an ‘English Rose’ shade that is a bit light in colour and looks purple-pink.
However, I was not completely satisfied with the purchase due to the following reasons:
- The product was heavily priced. ₹950 for a lipstick is too much, especially if you are a college-going student.
- It gave an oily look. It was a big no-no for me.
- The constant reapplication was a huge pain. The lipstick did not last even for 2 hours.
I decided never to get this again because a variety of lipsticks are available at affordable prices. Given the brand, I thought it’s going to be flawless .. but I was mistaken.
Manish Malhotra’s Hi-Shine Lip Gloss: Ravishing Red:
Again, the package looked perfect in its shade of black and gold! Ravishing Red was my first choice because it is a bold shade of red that gave seductively glossy lips.
But I was not happy because:
- ₹1050 for a lip-gloss is a lot to pay. It did not give me a value for my money.
- Red is supposed to be all-pervasive but it did not suit my face.
- The transferability of the product was high. It felt too glossy and wet.
Same like before, I thought it is better to invest in other products that don’t cause a hole in my pocket. The Bollywood girl in me was disheartened.
MyGlamm Powder Magic: Goldmine:
This Powder Eyeshadow Stick gave a champagne gold shimmer look. It gave a distinct aura to my eyes. It was a pressed powder in a jumbo pencil form.
It was really good on application but for me personally, I would not repurchase it since:
- Paying ₹995 for a Uni-Colour Eyeshadow seems unnecessary. Various other brands gave far more for the same amount.
- My product broke on the day I got it. It is a bit too fragile and I am not exactly a perfect person to own such items.
- There were not enough shades to pick from.
Since it was ruined on the day I got it and I did not have such a large Eyeshadow sharpener, for me buying the product was a waste of money. But you can go for it if you are better at handling items like these!
When we buy products that are heavily priced, we attach certain hopes from them. I definitely did not see any of my expectations being fulfilled. It felt like I could have spent my money buying and experimenting with better make-up.
Have you used any of these? Did you feel the same way about them? Let me know!