Who is it for? People with dry to combination skin looking for a chemical exfoliant. The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toner is a gentle exfoliant that gets rid of dead skin, and dry patches and gives you a smoother appearance.
6.8 GBP for 240ml
Initially, it tingles, but that is with any chemical exfoliant.
How to use:
After cleansing, pour the toner into a cotton pad and gently apply it all over the face and next except around the mouth and eye area.
My Experience with The Ordinary Glycolic Acid Toner 7%
It comes in a huge bottle with a rotatory nozzle on the top. You can open and close the nozzle by rotating it.
It is almost like water except for the yellow/peach color.
It has no fragrance
Ease of Application:
The packaging is so convenient. Initially, I pulled open the nozzle but soon figured out the mechanism.
It is a strong acid so people with sensitive skin should do a patch test first. It gives a nice glow to the skin and with time gets rid of pigmentation, bumps etc.
I was a bit scared to use acids on my skin but, this was three years ago. Now I cannot live without this toner. Glycolic acid is an exfoliant for dry-skin people. It maintains the water level in the skin and gets rid of dry patches. The Ordinary says you should use it not more than once a day, but I use it twice a week. People who are just starting on acids should use it once a week after the patch test. After applying it to the skin it gets a bit oily and takes a while to get absorbed. It appears like water when you touch it but as you massage it into the skin it turns a bit oily. You should top it off with a moisturizer but I don’t. My skin feels moisturized with this only.
With the use of two weeks, it removed my acne marks, gave me clearer skin, and to some extent removed pigmentation around my mouth. It won’t get rid of blackheads or whiteheads for that you need to use Salicylic Acid.
Also Glycolic Acid increases sensitivity to the sun, so make sure you use it at night and use good sunscreen in the morning.
With acids, less is more, don’t start using a lot of it after seeing good results, it might burn your skin.
- Big bottle, going to last long
- Gives instant brightness
- Gets rid of dry patches.
- Gives even skin tone
- Exfoliates without using harsh granules
- Friendly packaging
- The Ordinary may not be easily available in India
- Some might be sensitive to acids
- If not used correctly, it could burn skin
Would I repurchase?
Yes, if this gets over and there is no other cheaper alternative, I will purchase this again.
More by the Ordinary?
- The Ordinary Mineral UV Filters SPF 15 With Antioxidants Review
- The Ordinary AHA 30% + BHA 2% Peeling Solution Review
- The Ordinary Serum Foundation Review
- The Ordinary Natural Moisturising Factors and HA Review
- The Ordinary Ascorbyl Glucoside Solution 12 Review
- The Ordinary EUK 134 0.1 Review
- The Ordinary Caffeine Solution Review
- The Ordinary Niacinamide Review
- The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 Review
- The Ordinary L Ascorbic Acid Powder Review
- The Ordinary Matrixyl + 10% HA Review
- The Ordinary Buffet Review
- The Ordinary 100% Plant-Derived Squalane Review