Who is it for? SUGAR Red Poet’s Society Never Say Dry Crème Lipstick is for the ladies who prefer creamy hydrating lipsticks that have a highly pigmented glossy finish. The shade Red Poet’s society is a deep red which is best suited for Indian skin tones.
MRP INR 499/- for 3.5 g
My experience with SUGAR Never Say Dry Crème Lipstick Red Poet’s Society
The lipstick comes in a matte black plastic body. It definitely looks good and different as the body is square and edgy, unlike regular lipstick shapes.
Texture and pigmentation:
As the name suggests, this lipstick has a creamy texture which allows it to glide easily over the lips. The pigmentation is high and hides the discoloration on the lips. It gives a glossy and shimmery look on the application. Also, it is not transfer resistant.
The shade Red Poet’s Society is a deep red color that would compliment Indian skin tones. It immediately makes the lips pop and is a classy shade. I feel it is best suited for night time.
Well, to be honest, it isn’t the best from SUGAR. Like the name suggests, it doesn’t dry out the lips and does keep them moisturized. However, its creamy texture doesn’t allow it to stay put for long. It smudges easily, is not transfer resistant and doesn’t survive meals. One needs to blot it with a tissue to finish the look and to avoid the embarrassment of smudged lipstick.
It has a wonderful fragrance like that of vanilla and nuts.
What did I like?
- Keeps the lips moisturized.
- Good pigmentation.
- Meant for Indian skin tones.
- Glossy finish.
- Doesn’t have parabens.
What did I not like?
- Transfers easily.
- Smudges a lot and can come off after a meal.
Would I repurchase?
No, I feel the matte lipsticks from SUGAR are any day better than ‘Never Say Dry Crème Lipstick’ range.
2 out of 5.
More Sugar Lipsticks?
- Sugar Lipstick Little Bo Peach | Swatches + Review
- Sugar Lipstick Suede Secret Matte Poplin Plum
- Sugar Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick Viola Review
- Sugar Princess Peach Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Bare Flair Liquid Lipstick Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick BRINK OF PINK Review
- Sugar Twist And Shout Fadeproof Kajal 01 Black Velvet Review
- Sugar Cosmetics Matte as Hell Lip Crayon Mary Poppins Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Tan Fan 03 Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick 09 Suave Mauve Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Rethink Pink Review
- Sugar Cosmetics Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Wine and Shine 08 Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Rust Lust 05 Review
- Sugar Cosmetics Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Drop Dead Red 10 Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Plum Yum 04 Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Brazen Raisin 01 Review
- Sugar Cosmetics Matte as Hell Crayon Lipstick – 01 Scarlett O’Hara (Red) Review