Since the pen liners have made an entrance in the market, I had stopped buying the usual liquid liners. For obvious reasons, the pen liners are really easy to apply and give the precise outlines to the eyes. But we cannot deny the fact that once they dry out, they are of no use whatsoever. I have ruined many such pen liners myself by leaving their cap open in a hurry.This made me miss the good old liquid bottle liners that could be brought to life by adding a few drops of makeup remover to the bottle. So I decided to buy a liquid liner which had a felt tip in contrast to those brush tips. I looked up and settled on the SUGAR Cosmetics Eye Warned You So! Touted as the Best Eyeliner in India.
Honestly, the name itself is very appealing and it instantly caught my attention. Thus, I ended up buying it. Whether it fulfilled the purpose or not… let us find out in this review.
Basic Info About SUGAR Cosmetics Eye Warned You So!
Price and quantity:
MRP INR 699/- for 1.7ml
This liquid liner comes in a sleek black twist to open the bottle. The opaque matte black color is very appealing. Instead of a brush, there is a felt tip.
About SUGAR Double Matte Eyeliner:
The brand claims (as per their website) that “Double Matte” was never meant for the faint-hearted. If you’ve had your fill with matte eyeliners and are ready to push your eye game to the next level, it is time to embrace the SUGAR Eye Warned You So! Double Matte Eyeliner!
Crafted for makeup mavens and basic beginners alike, you can now swish, flick and make your eyes pop in seconds with this magic wand. Just sweep it along your lash line to achieve that perfect look – be it the dramatic, swooping cat eye, the ultra-thin, barely-there line or the classic thick wing. Incorrigibly pigmented, its jet-black formula glides effortlessly and quickly dries down to a flat, ultra-matte finish that sets to perfection and won’t move unless you make it. Make this the LBD of your makeup vanity and keep it handy for just about every occasion – it’s your one-way ticket to easy glamour!
How to Apply (as suggested by the brand on the website):
Cheat your way to perfectly lined eyes! Draw small dashes from the inside corner to the outside corner and then draw back over them to smoothen and thicken.
The important thing to note:
This product is free from parabens & formaldehyde. It is dermatologically and ophthalmologically tested & approved and 100% safe for your skin.
My Experience with SUGAR Cosmetics Eye Warned You So!
So I would begin by saying that the claims made by the brand are true to a great extent. This indeed is a magic wand that can make your eyes pop with that intense matte black color.
The felt tip makes the application really easy, even for beginners or people who have the habit of using pen liners. The fine tip allows you to get the ultra thin line, winged lines, and even bold lines.
The pigmentation is absolutely good. The liquid dried up instantly and settles beautifully on the skin, giving the matte look it promises.
The lasting power is pretty good as well. I noticed that though it does not smudge and is waterproof, it comes off easily if you rub it twice or thrice with water alone. So that is actually good because after removing makeup you get clean eyes and not the blue-black, tired looking eyes because of the leftover liner.
There was no irritation in my eyes whatsoever because of this product. All my hesitations to try the liquid liner vanished and I am absolutely smitten by it.
Plus, I have to mention that the packaging is just so good. I like simple yet contemporary looks of my products. The sleek body is travel-friendly and hardly takes up any space.
Pros and cons of SUGAR Cosmetics Eye Warned You So!
- Paraben & formaldehyde free.
- Dermatologically and ophthalmologically tested & approved.
- Intense matte color.
- Felt tip for easy application.
- Waterproof and smudge proof.
- Long lasting.
- Does not smudge with time.
- Easy to remove.
- Beginners may take time to get the hang of it.
- Little expensive (Not really a con cause it delivers well).
Would I repurchase/ recommend?
Yes, without a doubt. It has overcome all my hesitations and doubts regarding liquid liners.
5 out of 5
Where Can You Buy This ?
More Sugar Products?
- Sugar Lipstick Little Bo Peach | Swatches + Review
- Sugar Lipstick Suede Secret Matte Poplin Plum
- Sugar Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick Viola Review
- Sugar Princess Peach Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Bare Flair Liquid Lipstick Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick BRINK OF PINK Review
- Sugar Twist And Shout Fadeproof Kajal 01 Black Velvet Review
- Sugar Cosmetics Matte as Hell Lip Crayon Mary Poppins Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Tan Fan 03 Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick 09 Suave Mauve Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Rethink Pink Review
- Sugar Cosmetics Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Wine and Shine 08 Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Rust Lust 05 Review
- Sugar Cosmetics Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Drop Dead Red 10 Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Plum Yum 04 Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Brazen Raisin 01 Review
- Sugar Cosmetics Matte as Hell Crayon Lipstick – 01 Scarlett O’Hara (Red) Review