Who is it for? Sugar Breaking Bare Lipstick is a mauve based muted pink shade that suits all skin tones. It can be a great daily wear shade for the workplace and college.
Price- Rs.299 for 1.7gm & Rs.599 for 3.5gm
My Experience with Sugar Breaking Bare Lipstick
This lipstick comes in a matte plastic bullet. The smaller size bullet has a click-shut system but the full-size one has a magnetic clasp. The shade name is mentioned on the bottom. Overall the packaging is travel-friendly.
Breaking Bare is a mauvy nude shade for deeper skin tones but it looks more pink lighter complexions. The shade is subtle and suits all. It complements yellow based neutral undertones pretty well so this is a great shade of red for Indian skin tones.
Texture & Pigmentation
It is a semi-matte lipstick. It is comfortable on the lips and does not settle into the fine lines over time. Pigmentation is also nice; I get the full tint in one stroke. However, the formula is not transfer-proof so I like to blot off the excess tint and moisture.
It has a light berry fragrance. The fragrance does not stay long.
Liquid lipsticks are transfer-proof and long-staying but it is not often a good choice for daily-wear as the formula is extremely drying. This Breaking Bare shade is a standard mauve based nude with a semi-matte finish. The shade looks more matte if applied on dry lips. But I always apply it on moisturized and exfoliated lips. This way the lips look plump. There is nothing unique about this lipstick but this is a must-have shade for day-to-day makeup looks.
What do I like about this lipstick?
- The muted mauve nude shade
- Warm undertone; looks good on every skin tone
- Semi-matte finish
- Colour pay-off is good
- Does not dry out the lips
- Does not look patchy on reapplication
What I dislike about this lipstick?
- Not transfer-proof or fade-proof
- Stays 4-5 hours at max on humid weather
- Fades from the center of my lips with meals
- The formula could have been more matte
Would I Repurchase or Recommend?
It is a basic pink based nude that is essential for every makeup kit. If you don’t like powdery matte lipsticks then this one is worth a try.
More Sugar Lipsticks?
- Sugar Scarlet Starlet Lipstick Review
- Sugar Fuchsia Fantasia Smudge Me not Liquid Lipstick 40 Review
- Sugar Pink Sync Smudge Me not Liquid Lipstick 39
- Sugar Gotta Terracotta Smudge Me not Liquid Lipstick 41 Review
- Sugar Dose of Rose Smudge Me not Liquid Lipstick 38 Review
- Sugar Murphy Brown Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick 13 Review
- Sugar Fiery Berry Smudge Me not Liquid Lipstick Review
- Sugar Lipstick Suede Secret Matte Poplin Plum
- Sugar Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick Viola Review
- Sugar Princess Peach Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Bare Flair Liquid Lipstick Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick BRINK OF PINK Review
- Sugar Twist And Shout Fadeproof Kajal 01 Black Velvet Review
- Sugar Cosmetics Matte as Hell Lip Crayon Mary Poppins Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Tan Fan 03 Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick 09 Suave Mauve Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Rethink Pink Review
- Sugar Cosmetics Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Wine and Shine 08 Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Rust Lust 05 Review
- Sugar Cosmetics Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Drop Dead Red 10 Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Plum Yum 04 Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Brazen Raisin 01 Review
- Sugar Cosmetics Matte as Hell Crayon Lipstick – 01 Scarlett O’Hara (Red) Review