Who is it for? Sugar Breaking Bare Lipstick is a mauve based muted pink shade that suits all skin tones. It can be a great daily wear shade for the workplace and college.
Price- Rs.299 for 1.7gm & Rs.599 for 3.5gm
My Experience with Sugar Breaking Bare Lipstick
This lipstick comes in a matte plastic bullet. The smaller size bullet has a click-shut system but the full-size one has a magnetic clasp. The shade name is mentioned on the bottom. Overall the packaging is travel-friendly.
Breaking Bare is a mauvy nude shade for deeper skin tones but it looks more pink lighter complexions. The shade is subtle and suits all. It complements yellow-based neutral undertones pretty well so this is a great shade of red for Indian skin tones.
Texture & Pigmentation
It is a semi-matte lipstick. It is comfortable on the lips and does not settle into the fine lines over time. Pigmentation is also nice; I get the full tint in one stroke. However, the formula is not transfer-proof so I like to blot off the excess tint and moisture.
It has a light berry fragrance. The fragrance does not stay long.
Liquid lipsticks are transfer-proof and long-staying but it is not often a good choice for daily-wear as the formula is extremely drying. This Breaking Bare shade is a standard mauve based nude with a semi-matte finish. The shade looks more matte if applied on dry lips. But I always apply it on moisturized and exfoliated lips. This way the lips look plump. There is nothing unique about this lipstick but this is a must-have shade for day-to-day makeup looks.
What do I like about this lipstick?
- The muted mauve nude shade
- Warm undertone; looks good on every skin tone
- Semi-matte finish
- Colour pay-off is good
- Does not dry out the lips
- Does not look patchy on reapplication
What I dislike about this lipstick?
- Not transfer-proof or fade-proof
- Stays 4-5 hours at max on humid weather
- Fades from the center of my lips with meals
- The formula could have been more matte
Would I Repurchase or Recommend?
It is a basic pink-based nude that is essential for every makeup kit. If you don’t like powdery matte lipsticks then this one is worth a try.
More Sugar Lipsticks?
- Sugar Scarlet Starlet Lipstick Review
- Sugar Fuchsia Fantasia Smudge Me not Liquid Lipstick 40 Review
- Sugar Pink Sync Smudge Me not Liquid Lipstick 39
- Sugar Gotta Terracotta Smudge Me not Liquid Lipstick 41 Review
- Sugar Dose of Rose Smudge Me not Liquid Lipstick 38 Review
- Sugar Murphy Brown Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick 13 Review
- Sugar Fiery Berry Smudge Me not Liquid Lipstick Review
- Sugar Lipstick Suede Secret Matte Poplin Plum
- Sugar Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick Viola Review
- Sugar Princess Peach Matte As Hell Crayon Lipstick Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Bare Flair Liquid Lipstick Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick BRINK OF PINK Review
- Sugar Twist And Shout Fadeproof Kajal 01 Black Velvet Review
- Sugar Cosmetics Matte as Hell Lip Crayon Mary Poppins Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Tan Fan 03 Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick 09 Suave Mauve Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Rethink Pink Review
- Sugar Cosmetics Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Wine and Shine 08 Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Rust Lust 05 Review
- Sugar Cosmetics Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Drop Dead Red 10 Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Plum Yum 04 Review
- Sugar Smudge Me Not Liquid Lipstick Brazen Raisin 01 Review
- Sugar Cosmetics Matte as Hell Crayon Lipstick – 01 Scarlett O’Hara (Red) Review