Most of the humans face a really very common problem related to scalp known as dandruff. According to me, dandruff has an equal preponderance in both men and women. All of us try a lot of shampoos, hair oils to cure the problem. But many of you might be unaware of the fact that dandruff which is there on our scalp is a fungal infection. And the real cause of dandruff is not just the dry scalp or too little hair washing but the real cause of dandruff is actually a yeast -like a fungus, Malassezia globose, which lives on your scalp, feeding on skin oils. The manifestation of dandruff occurs by flaking of the scalp, resulting in itching, inflammation, redness and ugly white spots on hair locks. Dandruff does not Lear to any complication but it can be very embarrassing. So today to solve this problem of yours I’ll be reviewing an anti-dandruff shampoo, so let’s read further to know how much helpful is it in curing dandruff problem.
Basic Information about Sebamed Anti Dandruff Shampoo
WHAT DOES THE BRAND CLAIMS
- Gentle cleansing shampoo with mild wash active substances and removing visible signs
- Supports and protects the acid mantle of the scalp for healthy hair
- Stabilizes the hair structure with the pH value of 5.5
- 100% soap and alkali-free
- Active ingredient Piroctone Olamine ensures the gentle removal of dandruff
- Mild wash active substances gently cleanse hair and scalp, removing visible signs of dandruff irritation
- Moisturizing and conditioning ingredients revitalize the hair, adding body and shine
- Daily hair care stabilizes oily scalp
- For normal to oily hair and scalp
- Especially well suited for the gentle removal of oily dandruff
- Dermatologic ally tested
HOW TO USE
Wet your hair; work a small quantity of shampoo into a lather in the palms of your hands. Wash the hair massaging the scalp gently. Rinse thoroughly. Repeat if necessary.
24 months from the date of manufacture.
My Experience with Sebamed Anti Dandruff Shampoo
- Packaging – Sebamed anti-dandruff shampoo comes in a quite huge bottle which is oval in shape. The cap is of flip top type. The cap of the bottle has got loosen and doesn’t close so I have to secure it with an elastic rubber band to avoid spillage.
- Texture and Consistency – The shampoo is of white translucent color. The texture of the shampoo is smooth and its consistency is quite runny.
- Fragrance – Sebamed anti-dandruff shampoo has a very mild fragrance.
I use this shampoo twice a week. When I started to use this product I noticed very less reduction in dandruff but after 6-7 washes, there was a great reduction in dandruff. It is really very effective. But one thing which is very irritating is that it leaves my scalp dry after every wash may be as it is already written on the bottle that it is suitable for oily dandruff prone skin. So to tackle this problem I used it along with Himalaya Herbals Anti Dandruff Cream or sometimes I apply the very minute amount of oil to my scalp.
Overall Performance of Sebamed Anti Dandruff Shampoo
Overall this is a very good dandruff controlling shampoo which doesn’t cause rebound dandruff. It is good only at controlling mild to moderate dandruff. But due to loose cap and big bottle, it is not travel-friendly. It is not suitable for all those with dry scalp as it’ll leave your scalp even drier after use, but if you still want to give it a try use it along with conditioner or serum. It has a skin friendly pH, therefore, is not at all harsh on the scalp. It has mild fragrance which is not irritating. One more thing please doesn’t expect any kind of miracle just after first use. You’ll see the reduction in dandruff after few washes yourself.
Would I Recommend
Yes, I would recommend this product to all those people who are suffering from the problem of dandruff.