Product Purchased by GlossyPolish
Hello beautiful ladies,
Every woman is crazy about lip shades and loves to experiment with different shades. This is something which is applicable to me as well. I love collecting lipsticks but I always buy shades of red and maroon but this time I chose to try a different color that is purple. So here I’m in front of you to review the NYX THUNDERSTORM BUTTER LIPSTICK. It was earlier the HUNK lipstick.
Basic Information about NYX Thunderstorm Butter Lipstick
WHAT DOES THE BRAND CLAIM
Treat your lips to a kiss of smooth, creamy color with our irresistible Butter Lipsticks in 12 new luscious shades. The formula’s delicate satin texture fused with highly saturated color delivers full-yet-lightweight coverage with a luxurious satin finish.
HOW TO USE
Apply directly on bare lips or over lip liner/primer for more pigmentation.
12 months from the date of manufacture.
My Experience with NYX Thunderstorm Butter Lipstick
- Packaging – The lipstick comes in a traditional bullet packaging, the color of the lipstick case is the shade of the lipstick itself. The lipstick has a transparent ring at the middle from where the actual bullet is visible.
- Texture – The lipstick has a soft and smooth creamy texture. Due to its buttery nature, it spreads over the lips very easily. The lipstick is so soft that when I received it I found it almost melted.
- Fragrance – The lipstick has a very weird smell may be due to chemicals.
- Pigmentation – The lipstick is not that pigmented and I need to apply at least 2 swipes to get the expected shade. It feels very light on lips and makes lips soft. The lipstick looks dark in the tube but it goes on sheer and you can build it up to this beautiful purple shade.
- Wearibility – NYX Thunderstorm is a perfect shade for Indian skin tone. The lipstick is very smooth and glides like a butter and feels very moisturizing and hydrating on the lips. Lipstick gives opaque color in 1 to 2 strokes. After 2-3 hours lipstick starts to fade out evenly from the lips and the shade which comes out after fading looks amazing. The lipstick gives a satin finish to the lips but after few hours the glossy finish disappears. This lipstick is not transfer-proof and transfers to all those things which come in contact with the lips. It settles into the lip lines and highlights chapped lips as well.
Overall Performance of NYX Thunderstorm Butter Lipstick
NYX Thunderstorm Butter Lipstick is full coverage lipstick that feels like it melts onto the lips. It adds a pop of color to lips. The lipstick lightweight and is non-sticky. It deposits high impact color with just one stroke. The lipstick is very smooth and hydrating. Now talking about its negatives. The lipstick settles into lip lines and even highlights chapped lips. The color fades away quite early, therefore, reapplication is frequently needed. And the last thing which makes the packaging quite hectic us that the bullet twists up on its own while opening the cap.
Would I Recommend?
Obviously yes… I’m in love with this shade. This range of butter lipstick from NYX is really amazing one should surely try these out. If this shade did not please you much then for your information there are other 22 beautiful shades from this range but only 12 shades are available on Nykaa so you can choose the one which will suit you best.