Who is it for? NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Kyoto is a peachy nude matte lipstick in mousse texture. The shade will make a great everyday lipstick for NC30 and below.
Rs.650 for 8ml
Sensitive Skin Alert?
My Experience with NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Kyoto
This lip cream comes in a color-coded small cylindrical container. The bottom part of the pack is colored in the same tones as the lipstick inside. The lid part is matte black with a sponge-tip applicator attached to it. The packaging is very simple and travel-safe.
Shade, Pigmentation & Texture
The shade Kyoto is a peach based neutral lip color. Though peach is a warm-toned color, this particular lipstick is too pale for most Indian skin tones. It looks quite ashy on its own on above NC30. However, on lighter skin tones than this, it takes a beautiful wearable neutral tone. Since it is a lip cream, its pigmentation is slightly less than liquid lipsticks. Still, you will be able to get opaque coverage in 1-2 swipes. This lip cream has a smooth mousse texture and gives a comfy matte finish. It feels light on the lips and does not dry up the lips like typical liquid lipsticks.
It has a light vanilla fragrance. The smell do not linger though.
Ease of Application
The lip cream is very easy to apply as the applicator wand is quite good. I apply it with the wand first and then blend with fingertips to achieve a more blended finish.
Liquid lipsticks are quite long-lasting but they are dry on lips. So, I love matte lip creams like this. They are not as pigmented as the liquid ones but they certainly feel much more comfortable on the lips. However, this lip cream was not my purchase. My sister bought this but it was looking ashy on her so I gave it to me. My sister has distinct warm undertones and her complexion is light. So, it can definitely be said that this won’t be a good lip color for warm Indian skin tones. Online swatches by the brands can be quite misleading at times. This is a pretty peachy neutral for day looks. I generally pair it up with formal wear. If I decide to do bold eyes then this one balances out the look. It would have been great of the shade came in slightly rusty tones. Then it would have suited everyone.
Overall Performance of NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream Kyoto
- Beautiful peachy nude for skin tones for NC30 or above
- Smooth mousse texture
- Sets into a comfortable matte finish
- Does not feel too dry
- Completely transfer-proof
- Stays at least 5-6 hours without meals
- Too light for most Indian skin tones
Would I Repurchase or Recommend?
The texture and finish are great just the shade here is the issue. If the shade suits you then go for this. The shades Berlin and Cannes from the same range would look fabulous on Indian skin tones.
More NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams?
- NYX Ibiza | Swatches | Review | NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream !
- NYX Madrid | Soft Matt Lip Cream |Review | Swatches
- NYX Transylvania |NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream | Swatches
- NYX Soft Matte lip Cream 01 Amsterdam Review
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream San Paulo Review
- NYX Soft Matte lip Cream 05 Antwerp Review
- NYX Morocco Soft Matte Lip Cream Review
- NYX Tokyo Soft Matte Lip Cream Review
- NYX Prague Soft Matte Lip Cream Review
- NYX London Soft Matte Lip Cream Review
- NYX Abu Dhabi Soft Matte Lip Cream Review
- NYX Stockholm Soft Matte Lip Cream Review
- NYX Copenhagen Soft Matte Lip Cream Review