Who is it for? Nykaa So Matte Lipstick Taupe Thrill is a pink based neutral lipstick that looks best on light to medium Indian skin tones.
Price- Rs.199 for 1.5gm for the Mini Version & Rs.399 for 4.2gm for the Full Version
My Experience with Nykaa So Matte Lipstick Taupe Thrill
This lipstick comes in a tiny black plastic bullet. The full version has magnetic clasp but my mini bullet has click-shut mechanism. Nykaa’s monogram and shade name is mentioned in both the bullet and its pink outer packaging.
The shade Taupe Thrill is a nude brown shade with cool pink undertone. The shade is very similar to Lakme Lip Crayon Cinnamon Brown (No.10 shade). The shade is deep enough to show up on naturally pigmented Indian lip tones. It is a good MLBB shade for medium pigmented lip tone of mine.
It has semi matte finish. The formula is semi matte, not transfer proof or fade-proof.
It has light fragrance exactly same as Elle 18 matte series lipsticks.
These days many expensive lipstick brands are coming out with the mini versions of their popular shades. Nykaa has also tried their hands in the mini versions and that is how this bestseller nude lipstick is now available in the mini variant. Packaging wise the mini variant is more sturdy as it has click shut mechanism. But, the quantity they provided is much less than the full version. Coming to the shade, this is a flattering pink based neutral shade for my lips. I reach for it mostly for daytime use and when I am in the no-makeup mood. This is a shade that fits with every outfit and you can even pair it with intense eye looks. In natural daylight it looks more brown but in flash photographs, the cool tone gets highlighted.
What do I like about this lipstick?
- Pink based neutral brown for light to medium lip tones
- MLBB shade for medium pigmented lips
- Moisturizing semi-matte finish
- Does not dry out lips or settle into fine lines
- Does not leave stains on lips
- Gives face a fresh no-makeup kind of look
What I dislike about this lipstick?
- Quantity for the mini version should have been at least 2gm in place of 1.5gm
- Might not look super good on pigmented lips
- Not completely matte or transfer proof
- Average stay time of 4-5 hrs
- Fades on its own
Would I Repurchase or Recommend?
It is a flattering MLBB shade for my lips but I am not fully satisfied with the formula. So, I will probably search for similar shade from other ranges. I will recommend it to light-medium skinned people who love semi-matte nude lips.
More Nykaa Lipsticks?
- Nykaa Matte to Last Liquid Lipstick Dilli Review – Should You Buy?
- Nykaa Matte To Last Liquid Lipstick Kudi Review
- Nykaa So Matte Lipstick Frisky Fuschia, Notorious Red Review
- Nykaa So Matte Cranberry Sangria Lipstick Review
- Nykaa Paintstix Peaches and Cream 04 Review
- Nykaa Matte Lipstick Naughty Nude Review
- Nykaa Paintstix Lipstick Rebellious Red Review
- Nykaa Paintstix Lipstick Chick Flick Pink Review
- Nykaa So Matte Lipstick Chocolate Truffle Revie