Who is it for? Nykaa So Matte Lipstick Scarlet Siren is a bright warm-toned red with awesome pigmentation. This shade suits all skin tones.
Price- Rs.199 for 1.5gm for the Mini Version & Rs.399 for 4.2gm for the Full Version
My Experience with Nykaa So Matte Lipstick Scarlet Siren
This lipstick comes in a tiny black plastic bullet with click-shut closing. The bullet resides in Nykaa’s signature style pink outer pack. The full version has a magnetic clasp which sometimes opens on its own. In this respect, the small version is more sturdy and travel-safe.
Shade & Pigmentation
The shade Scarlet Siren is a bold red shade. The undertone is warm but the shade does not look orange-red on the lips. This kind of shade looks quite good on medium to deep skin tones because the shade gets muted to burnt red. Pigmentation is super good so the actual color shows up in 1-2 swipes.
The formula is semi-matte, not transfer proof or fade-proof. It does not dry out the lips so you can skip lip balm before applying it. This shade looks glossy on lips so I like to blot the excess moisture off.
It has a light fragrance. The fragrance is very similar to Elle18’s matte lipsticks.
I love warm toned red shades especially those with orange undertones. Often these shades are quite bold and can’t be worn on daily basis. This particular shade is also bold and warm toned. Most of the time I apply this shade as a tint only for a lovely muted red lip look. I also blot off the excess color and moisture. This way the shade becomes wearable and I don’t have to face the annoying transferring issue. This lipstick does leave a faint but even red stain on my lips as it fades. This tint gets removed with plain coconut oil or any other oil-based cleanser.
What do I like about this lipstick?
- Bold warm toned red; works across skin tones
- Pigmentation is superb
- Keeps lips moisturized
- Fades evenly
- Does not highlight fine lines of lips
- Can be used as a tint
- Does not leave an ugly stain on lips
What I dislike about this lipstick?
- Quantity wise mini version is more expensive than the full version
- Finish is glossy, not matte
- Transfers heavily if not blotted
Would I Repurchase or Recommend?
The shade is quite common but it gives an elegant muted look if applied as a tint. So, I might or might not buy the full size. If you want to try some bold reds to find the perfect red for your lips, do try the mini version.
More Nykaa Lipsticks?
- Nykaa So Matte Lipstick Taupe Thrill Review
- Nykaa Matte to Last Liquid Lipstick Dilli Review – Should You Buy?
- Nykaa Matte To Last Liquid Lipstick Kudi Review
- Nykaa So Matte Lipstick Frisky Fuschia, Notorious Red Review
- Nykaa So Matte Cranberry Sangria Lipstick Review
- Nykaa Paintstix Peaches and Cream 04 Review
- Nykaa Matte Lipstick Naughty Nude Review
- Nykaa Paintstix Lipstick Rebellious Red Review
- Nykaa Paintstix Lipstick Chick Flick Pink Review
- Nykaa So Matte Lipstick Chocolate Truffle Revie