Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash Summers are here and so are its attributable woes like sweat, oil on face and of course ACNE! When one says the word “acne” the first thing that comes to their mind is big wet, sullied red pimples and scars which pinch the eyes of onlookers and take away from you a chance to show off your natural skin which hides beneath these molehills of colossal miseries.Let’s not talk about the problem so much and shift our pretty eyes to one-stop solution: Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash, the megastar among the zillion of acne face washes all around you; it’s time to settle on one this summer (though I do have some reservations as it is suitable ONLY for oily skin type).Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash is an alcohol-free cleanser (hard to believe though, because it dries acne like magic!) which provides deep cleansing, removes excess oil and surface build-up for pimples.Let’s dive further into pros and cons of this Neutrogena Face Wash!
₹ 499/- for 175ml! (a bit too pricey)
My Experience with Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash
Texture: It is a yellow colored gel formula which is moderately thick and best applied on the already wet face because it has an extreme drying effect on the face. Do not apply on a dry face or you will end up applying more than the required amount and this thing is quite expensive, you see?
- Sized perfectly- It is a big bottle (which makes it perfect for a long usage of over a month which anyway is required for the stubborn monster- acne!).
- Clear bottle- It’s always good to have a track of the gel left in the bottle so you can buy the next one on time and beat acne in proper time.
- Pump applicator- One pump and enough gel, almost 1/5th of the palm are pumped out so one can use it not only on the face but everywhere else where acne attack has hoisted its flag on your body.
Fragrance: This gel smells like almost nothing, though it does have a fresh aqua tinge in it mostly it’s like water (no odor) which is a good thing.
- Replaces normal face wash- No need of any other face wash, this is not just an acne-fighting formula but also leaves the face deep cleansed. If you want you can use a day cream or SPF cream or moisturizer to soften skin afterward.
- Makeup cleanser- We all know how hard it is to remove layers and layers of makeup and use thousands of products to make sure we leave the skin in the best shape after that thick makeup. But on lazy days, you can just use this face wash straight away on your face (avoid contact with the eye) and it works amazingly!
- Fighting acne everywhere!- You can use it on shoulders, arms, back, chest or anywhere you have acne because of its generous quantity in one bottle and easy pump applicator which pumps out enough of it in one go.
Effective Application: Quantity equivalent to 3-4 drops works for all face shapes and sizes but don’t overuse it as it is very harsh on face (and because it is quite pricey lol)
Immediate Dryness- It’s a BIG no for sensitive skin type. Do not apply it on your face if your skin is more towards dry than normal skin type. A skin lotion/moisturiser/baby oil/day cream/petroleum jelly or any other form of exfoliation is a must after it uses, however, take a judicious pat of it on your face in order to allow the acne to dry up and peel off eventually.
Scars- One glitch or I’d rather call it a blunder, here is that though it works wonders for removal of acne, however, the formula does not work for scar removal at all. So it’s obvious that some form of simultaneous spot treatment is mandatory for effective results.
Burning, Itching on the face- It is very likely that your skin will take at least a week to get used to the application as I personally felt (and many other users have reported) itchy, burning feeling on the face. The stretching and pulling apart of the skin is actually tough on the skin though it will stop soon.
The frequency of use: 2 times a day for at least 2 weeks for visible results. Continue for as long as the acne doesn’t leave your gorgeous face alone!
Moderately Expensive: Though I’ve mentioned it a lot by now already it surely is priced a bit on the higher side. If you do not want to spend so much money, you might try other products like Clean and Clear face wash which has almost 70% the same impact but at 50% lesser price. The trade-off is for you to decide.
Would I recommend it or repurchase?
It works. So yes you should try it. And don’t just buy it but also fight the root causes of acne by sleeping well (and on time), eating healthy and raw, and of course regular exercise.
More Neutrogena Face Wash?
- Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub Review
- Neutrogena Deep Clean Foaming Cleanser Worth a Dekko for Oily Skin
- Neutrogena Deep Clean Facial Cleanser Review