Multani Mitti Benefits: Multani mitti, also known as fuller’s earth is one of the main ingredients in most of the beauty regimes. Be it for face, for skin care or for hair care, multani mitti is one staple ingredient. It is mineral-rich clay which is mostly used as a remedy for acne issues and blemishes. It has active elements which absorb dirt, oil (sebum) and impurities to give you a smooth, supple skin. The best advantage of using multani mitti is the fact that it can be combined with a host of various other ingredients to achieve desirable results.
Below this article I am linking DIY facepacks for different skin types using Multani mitti.
But first, Here are few of the amazing benefits of using multani mitti-
- Multani mitti is an extraordinary exfoliating ingredient. It is gentle on the skin but at the very same time it effectively removes the dead skin cells from the skin and unclogs the pores. This is one way of preventing acne, by unclogging the pores.
- Multani mitti also provides instant glow to your face. It does it by removing all the impurities from the skin. It prepares your skin for better absorption of serums and moisturisers.
- Multani mitti not only absorbs the already present oil from your skin but also controls the production of oil and sebum which causes acne. Both the dry skin people and people with oily skin can make face packs using multani mitti.
- Multani mitti works as a hot as well as a cold compress. It can be used to soothe menstrual cramp or treat insect bites. If used as a cold compress, it can also be used for burns.
- Multani mitti can also be used as a gentle body wash which not only will clean your body but also exfoliate to get rid of impurities. One can mix various kinds of ingredients to get a perfect body wash based on their skin requirements.
- Multani mitti also helps in fading the appearance of scars and blemishes. It doesn’t show any overnight wonders but for sure on continuous use, one can see a visible difference on their skin.
- Multani mitti, apart from fading away the blemishes also helps in getting rid of really bad sun-tan. Just mix some multani mitti along with papaya pulp and apply the paste on your face for 15-20 minutes till it dries and then rinse it off. Use this face pack 2-3 times a week and see the difference yourself.
- Multani mitti also helps in getting rid of blackheads and whiteheads. Its function as a scrub helps us in getting rid of these pesky little things which are the root cause behind acne.
These were few of the amazing benefits of using Multani mitti. It is not only natural but is also extremely versatile and can be used in a variety of ways. Always store multani mitti in an air-tight jar, do not consume it as it may cause kidney stones and always store it in some dry place.
Tell us more about some other amazing benefits of multani mitti in the comments section below.