Who is it for? Maybelline V face Duo Powder is a duo powder to highlight and contour.
How to use
1st STEP: Contour your face to define it. Use the darker powder and draw in a “3” shape along the hairline, jawline and under the cheekbones with the brush.
2nd STEP: Highlight for an illuminating effect. Sweep the lighter end of the powder above cheekbones and on the center of the forehead, chin, and bridge of the nose with the brush.
My experience with Maybelline v face duo powder-
Since contouring is my favorite I had extremely high expectations for this product. I was a little confused about the pigmentation of the lighter shade so I opted for the darker one. The packaging is nice and sturdy.
It comes with its own mirror and brush which is a plus point. But the shape of the powder which is in V shape is a big disaster. It is really difficult to pick a product from that V shape. Coming to the shade, the contouring shade is really nice. It is best to set over a cream contour. But using it as a solo powder or bronzer will not work for dark skin tones. The highlight shade is the worst nightmare. It seems more like a compact powder to me. If you are looking for a highlighter, this product is not for you.
The brush is nice and helps in blending the product.
- Contour shade is nice for setting cream products
- Packaging is sturdy
- Has a good size mirror
- Not so expensive
- Highlight shade is a big fail
- The powder shape is very inaccurate
- Not highly pigmented
- Not at all for dark skin tones
Overall Would I repurchase and recommend?
No. I would neither recommend it not repurchase it.
More Contouring+ Highlighting Products?
- Sleek Face Contour Kit Light Review
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit Powder Mink Review
- Ruimio Makeup Contour Kit Highlight and Bronzing Powder Palette Review
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Cream Kit Review
- Maybelline Face Studio V Face Duo Stick Medium to Dark Review