Hey ladies! So Maybelline has a gazillion of products, Today I got my hands on Maybelline lip gradation lip crayons, its winters guys and we still ain’t over matte lip crayons ya I know, we ain’t ever getting over! But hey wait what about chapped and dried lips??
Ahh, no way I am drying out my lips. so what do we do now? Well, this product comes to our rescue.
Maybelline launched its first ever lip crayon range and I am totally loving it!
So Today I will be reviewing Maybelline Lip Gradation Pink 2. which is a gorgeous pink for beginners as it goes with most of the Indian skin tone. Now let’s quickly come to in detail description of this product.
Basic Info About Maybelline Lip Gradation Pink 2
What is it?
Maybelline lip gradation has tried breaking stereotype lip crayons. As unlike other lip crayons its not that thick and you can line as well as fill in your lips with this one, and it’s also in a retractable form. It has satiny creamy texture , which smudges after a while. It feels extremely light on lips.
It comes in 8 different shades namely –
Pink 1, Pink 2 , Coral 1, Orange 1, Fuchsia 1,Red 1, Red 2, Mauve 1.
I can see most of the shades working for all Indian skin tones like, Pink 2, Red 2, Fuchsia 1, which is similar to pink 2, Orange 1.
Shelf life – 36 months
Sensitive skin alert- No
My experience with Maybelline Lip Gradation Pink 2
It comes in a sleek plastic tube, which is color-coded with the shade of lipstick and you can actually judge the exact shade which is a bonus bingo yay!! This one is Easy to carry in your wallet because of its sleek cylindrical shape. It won’t break like other crayons as the crayon is inside the plastic tube. It is a dual-sided lip crayon and comes with a smudger to create that ombrè / gradient effect. It has a sponge on the crayons cap which helps not breaking the crayon.
Shade and pigmentation
So, pink 2 is a dark popped up pink with purple undertones to it, I can see this lip shade working for all the Indian skin tones. Its highly pigmented and provides full coverage hiding all the hyperpigmentation, so you don’t need to conceal your lips beforehand.
It has a creamy, velvety texture which neither feels too sticky nor dries out your lips unlike most of the matt lipstick. And Glides on effortlessly. It Feels extremely light on the lips, you don’t really feel like you have applied anything on your lips, In a true sense it’s a weightless lip crayon, moreover, it Sets extremely quick with nice powder matt finish. This does settle in your fine lines. Especially if you smudge it out with the smudger.
It has no fragrance at all which is the good part for those who are allergic to fragrances.
It stays for 4-5 hours easily even after sipping and munching all day long. And 6-7 hrs without munching, and Even after fading it leaves a stain Which again looks beautiful and easily removes with any makeup remover.
I love this lip crayon. This looks gorgeous on my skin tone, and also I swear by this one in winters as it doesn’t dry out my lips but yes on some days if my lips are already chapped this ain’t moisturizes them either so basically it neither does good nor bad to your lips. But yes at price point it does pinches as you only get 1.125 gm for 600 bucks! Jeessss ! Maybelline, That’s a little too much you are asking for!
Overall performance of Maybelline Lip Gradation Pink 2
- I am in love with the pink shade which would go with most of the Indian skin tones.
- It’s highly pigmented.
- Doesn’t Bleeds at all.
- Leaves a nice stain behind after fading away which looks so natural.
- Perfect shade for party wear and also you can get the gradient effect for daily wear.
- You don’t need a liner separately for lining your lips. As the crayon ain’t too thick, It does a decent job of lining the lips as well.
- The stain part which works for me really well is only in the case of darker shades, lighter shades fade away completely. And you will have to redo it after 4-5 hours
- It has a thin tear off plastic packaging which has all the ingredients and price tag and nothing is mentioned on the main packaging except for the brand and shade name.
- From where you are supposed to twist the lip crayon is nowhere mentioned on the main packaging.
- A lot of people end up breaking their lip crayon in order to use the smudger.
- I wish the name of the shades were more girlish like candy love or lush red, Instead of pink1, pink2 it kind of sounds boring.
- It transfers, not insanely but yes it does.
- I don’t see the gradient or ombre effect working for most of the ladies because they have hyperpigmentations on their lips. The only way I see the gradient tag working is if you conceal your lips first.
Would I recommend or repurchase??
Maybelline lip gradation pink 2 is a shade which would go well with most of the ladies out there. All I wish was the price could have been low or the quantity was more. But hey this one is out of the cult crayon unlike others you don’t have to sharpen it and no product gets wasted. I will definitely purchase this lip crayon and recommended it to everyone. Because formula and stay wise it does its job well.
So, a big thumbs up ladies.
More Maybelline Lip Gradation :