What is it and who is it for? Maybelline Rock the Coral is for those looking for a coral matte lipstick.
How to Use:
(Optional)Apply a thin coating of good lip balm.
- Start from the middle of the lower lip with nice even strokes and go to both sides. Don’t rub your lips.
- Do the same for your upper lip. (Do not over draw your lips with this shade.)
- If uneven spread it gently with your fingers or a spongy tipped brush.
My Experience with Maybelline Color Show Matte Lipstick Rock the Coral
Frankly speaking this lipstick kind of disappointed me. I had expected much more superior quality from the brand. Though the pigmentation and the colors are marvelous, the quality disappointed me. This shade in particular is uneven and patchy. It crumbles a little in certain areas and becomes little powdery. It is not transfer proof. Sipping on a straw can easily make a transfer. Lasting power is ok for this shade. In spite of all these flaws, I like that it goes nice and creamy on the lips and then eventually becomes matte. The shade is not very flattering for my skin tone but might look gorgeous on slightly more fair skinned people.
- It is a beautiful color, gives a youthful glow.
- Great pigmentation.
- A good amount of product is available.
- Easily available in many stores and malls.
- Pretty packaging, also allows us to identify the color from the color band shown.
- Can be removed easily with makeup remover or coconut oil.
- It has an ok lasting power of about 3 hours if you are not eating oily stuff.
- Lipstick is patchy and uneven.
- Becomes crumbly during the second swipe if it dries out a little.
- Doesn’t suit the dusky beauties out there.
- Slightly stains the lips.
Overall would I Repurchase and Recommend?
No, I would probably not buy it again. But might make a purchase if the crumbling is resolved. I would mostly recommend it to people with fair complexion who can deal with the little bit of crumbling on the lips while it is drying to become matte. P.S, I like the consistency of some of the other shades available in this range.