A few years ago, I was reading an article on best lipsticks for all skin tones. There I read about MLBB shades…I was like what is this MLBB?! I googled it then :p For the uninitiated, that means a My Lips But Better lipstick shade. As in…it is a neutral color that does not make your face look made up, but at the same time, gives a nice tint to your lips, making them look great! I am one of those people…who used to think makeup is for hiding the flaws…and now I feel, it is for accentuating your looks! A little amount of well-done makeup can make a HUGE difference in the way you look. So we must embrace it 🙂 anyways since I was so hesitant to use lipstick, I was looking for a great neutral transition shade. Between the n*des and the really bright or vampy colors. Here we go then, on the review of mac twig lipstick.
My friend Sanghamitra gifted the MAC Twig Lipstick to me .…psst thankuu best gift ever :*:). This was my very first MAC lipstick that I own…and I love it! Read on to know the details about this lipstick and why you should buy it : D
Basic Info About Mac Twig Satin Finish Lipstick
A satin finish(semi-matte) lipstick in warm brown pink. Excellent for Indian Skin tone as a neutral lip color.
How to Use:
Prep your lips by exfoliating them. Apply your favorite lip balm 15 minutes prior to lipstick application. Apply from the corner of the lips to the cupids bow for a fuller finish.
My Experience with Mac Twig Satin Finish Lipstick:
The lipstick comes with a standard Mac bullet that is convenient, sturdy and hard to miss! The lipstick has a very light vanilla scent that is standard for all MAC Lipsticks…nut I mostly can’t catch it. Its scent will definitely not bother you.
The texture of this lipstick is satiny. It applies really well, comfortably gliding over the lips. Give it a second and it will set a matte like finish. This is really great for people who like matte lipsticks but cannot deal with the dryness such lipsticks cause. The Mac Twig lipstick will not cause any dryness. It does not accentuate lip lines and sits comfortably on the lips.
Its staying power is the standard 4-5 hours like any regular MAC lipstick. It fades to a light cocoa pink stain. If you use it with a lip pencil, then it’s staying power increases by another two hours. I recommend carrying it around for touch-ups, in case you are eating any greasy or oily food. Otherwise, it withstands light munching effortlessly.
This color is brownish pink…pinker than MAC crème cup and more brown than MAC Cosmo. It will look little browner on fairer skin tones and little more pink on dusky skin tones. It really beautifully compliments all skin tones…do try it…I don’t think you will be disappointed. Must have for dusky toned girls! It is a great everyday wear/office wear a color that will just make you feel more beautiful and confident 🙂
- The lovely neutral color that will suit most skin tones
- Comfortable wear
- Satin Finish
- Good Staying power
- Does not dry lips
- Does not accentuate lip lines
- I think it is perfect…no negatives!
Would I repurchase and recommend?
Oh for sure!! One lipstick easily lasts two years…one I have used it up…it is again coming back to my vanity: D MUST buy shade! It’s available with free shipping at Macy’s.
What is your MLBB shade girl?
Where Can You Buy This?
- Amazon : [easyazon_link identifier=”B01GR3M740" locale=”IN” tag=”shva-21"]Mac Lip Care – 0.1 Oz Satin Lipstick – Twig[/ea[/easyazon_link]>
More MAC Lipsticks?
- MAC Lipstick Swatches
- 8 Mac Retro Matte Liquid Lipstick Swatches!
- MAC Captive Satin Lipstick Review
- MAC Mehr Matte Lipstick Review
- MAC Viva Glam V Lipstick Review
- MAC Touch Lipstick Review
- MAC Heroine Lipstick Review
- MAC Craving Amplified Lipstick Review
- MAC Bombshell Frost Lipstick Review
- MAC Pretty Boy Cremesheen Lipstick Review
- MAC Girl About Town Amplified Crème Lipstick Review
- MAC Half n Half Lipstick Review
- MAC Russian Red Lipstick Review
- MAC Dangerous Retro Matte Lipstick – This is an AMAZING Color!
- MAC Viva Glam VI Lipstick Review
- MAC Plumful Lipstick Review
- MAC Diva Lipstick Review
- MAC Dubonnet Amplified Lipstick Review
- MAC Impassioned Amplified Lipstick Review
- MAC Viva Glam III Matte Lipstick Review
- MAC Sweetie Lipstick Review
- Mac Kinda Sexy Lipstick Review
- MAC Sweetie Luster Lipstick Review
- MAC Creme Cup Lipstick Dupes !! Sheer Pink Heaven 😉
- MAC Retro Matte Lipstick Relentlessly Red Review
- MAC So Chaud Lipstick Review and Swatches
- MAC Satin Lipstick Pink Nouveau Review