What is it and who is it for? Loreal Infallible Gel Crayon Back to Black is an eyeliner that comes in 11 bold shades including Cooper, Turquoise, Blue, Brown, Khaki, Black, etc. It is for those who struggle with liquid eyeliner and hence, fail to experiment on their eyes. It works just like crayons color pencils which is easy to hold and smooth on eyes. It claims to be waterproof that can last up to 24 hours.
At present 5 shades are available on Nykaa and a little more on Amazon. These are priced differently depending on different shades. It starts with rupees 550 and goes till 675. You can get these on discount on both sides. These are also available at different stores, offline. It has 1.2g of the total product that is not affordable for a lot of people. It has a life of 36 months from the date of manufacturing.
My Experience with Loreal Infallible Gel Crayon Back to Black
Pigmentation and Shade
The product is highly pigmented. One stroke is quite dark and it does not require a lot of product to get desired results. This product comes into 11 different shades of bold colors as mentioned above. The review done is of black color which is named as ‘Back To Black 101’. It is a classic black color that dries out to give a matte look.
The product is quite smooth and glides on very smoothly. It has an oily texture which can be tricky for those with oily skin. It can bleed out as it did when I was trying this on my eyes ( To be noted: I have combination skin). After 2 minutes or so it dries on the skin to give a matte finish but the finishing is not very sharp.
It has a classic packaging like that of a Kohl. Very slim and cylindrical in shape, it has a glossy packaging from outside. Shades are differentiated by its cover that indicates different shades but shade names are not written on the product. The product comes with a twister in the end but it doesn’t work. It doesn’t come with a manual to guide people how to use the rest of the product, either to sharp or to use the twister present in the end of the product (that doesn’t work in my case). I believe we need to use a Kohl sharpener with the smallest option available because this product is quite less in volume as shown in pictures
It claims to stay for 24 hours. It does stay for good 5-6 hours but the product also starts to appear lighter with time.
It has got no fragrance at all. Very neutral in terms of any kind of smell.
Bursting a myth after the use: My own experience
A lot of people claim that this product can be used for multiple purposes, as in used as Kohl as well as eyeliner. I highly suggest you all not to apply this as Kohl as this can result in teary and burning sensation in your eyes. For good 4-5 hours my eyes had burning sensation and tears did not stop for good 45 minutes. So, please DO NOT USE THIS AS KOHL if you think your eyes are sensitive. Do not let this product come in contact within your eyes as we put Kohl into our waterlines both, lower and the upper ones.
What did I like?
- It is very easy to use as it works in the same way as a crayon color. Any shape or design can be made using this eyeliner.
- It glides on very smoothly. It contains some oil content which makes the application easy and smooth.
- It dries on to give matte finish though, the result is not very sharp.
- It comes with a lot of bold colors that are highly pigmented. Those shades are must-haves in your collection.
What I didn’t like?
- First of all, it doesn’t come with a The product has a twister at the back which moves but it does nothing. It can irritate a lot of people with no proper manual given on how to use the rest of the product.
- The texture of the product, when applied, is runny that might result in the product to bleed out.
- 550-675 for 1.2g does not put it in an affordable range.
- The tip of the eyeliner is thick which can cause trouble if you are trying to get a thin line on your eyes.
- It is not a user-friendly product as the shiny and glossy touch given on the packaging can result in being slippery to hold.
- It does not come with sensitivity warning. If this product gets into your eyes, it can result in a burning sensation in the eyes with a lot of tears.
- It doesn’t come out easily. A good black residual remains for one day of use at least.
Would I recommend it or reuse it?
Till now I have used liquid liner and I am quite comfortable using it. I wanted to give crayon/pencil range a try which proved to be not so bad. It is very easy and smooth in usage and can solve a lot of problems for a lot of women who do not wish to use a liquid liner as it can get a bit tricky. However, I would love to go back to my old liquid liner because I personally find that more comfortable for me. I would also not suggest people to buy this as a lot of options are available in the market at this price range that can give better results than this.
P.S. I have no personal grudge against this company.
More Loreal Liners?
- Loreal Gel Liner Profound Black
- Loreal Superliner Review
- Loreal Eyeliner | Loreal Silkissime True Teal is Gorgeous!
- Loreal Magique Liner Black Review
- L’oreal Paris Super Liner Perfect Slim Review