Curly hair, corkscrews, ramen noodles, potato, pa-tah-to. If you already didn’t catch on what I am talking about over here, let me introduce you to curly hair. If you have curly hair, it naturally means you will need a lot of product to keep your hair looking a little less like a bird’s nest.
Curly hair can be really gorgeous and beautiful if treated in the right way with the right products.
Today, in this blog post, I have decided to introduce you to two of my best friends, both inexpensive and totally amazing.
This is my review of the product duo LOREAL 6 OIL NOURISH OIL-IN-REPLACEMENT CREAM and the INSTANT SMOOTHING SERUM.
Basic Info about L’Oreal 6 Oil Nourish Oil in Cream and L’Oreal Paris Smooth Intense Instant Smoothing Serum
- It is a replacement for oil as the name suggests.
- It has 6 nourishing oils, namely; Argan Oil, Almond Oil, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Jojoba (ho-ho-ba) oil and Camelina Oil.
- The best part is that it doesn’t get greasy, just like regular hair oil would; it doesn’t cling on to your hair and make it look oily and greasy.
- Suits any hair type, works best on frizzy and curly hair.
- Let me relate this to the second product which is the instant smoothing serum.
- It has a few drawbacks, it gets greasy when not applied proportionately or if not distributed evenly.
- This is a leave in serum which gives life to dull hair. It works best when you apply it after the shower or before styling.
- It gives a really amazing shine when applied before styling.
- And here is the most amazing part of this hair cream, it costs 80 bucks. (INR). BOOM. Like I said, inexpensive and effective and you’re welcome.
- The second product, the serum costs about 255 bucks. (INR) The hair cream costs a lot less than this but this serum is very nourishing for the hair.
My Experience with L’Oreal 6 Oil Nourish Oil in Cream and L’Oreal Paris Smooth Intense Instant Smoothing Serum
Going in detail, this product is to be used right after the shower or an hour or two before the shower or at bedtime and I would personally prefer after showering before overnight application and you end up with a headache. It is strongly scented, one of the drawbacks if you are a bit sensitive to strong perfumes.
It is perfect if you have a case of really frizzy hair which looks like you have just been electrocuted (no sarcasm or puns intended) because trust me, I’ve been through that.
This is my personal experience and this is how I generally style my hair; After washing my hair with a regular shampoo and conditioner, I dry my hair with a soft t-shirt, yes, not a towel but a t-shirt, it does not cause the hair to get rough and static and frizzy (towels are rough) but that’s another story and then I take tiny amounts of the both cream and the serum and evenly distribute it throughout my hair. After that, I let it work its magic and let my hair air dry, it dries faster and better as a matter of fact.
Always dry your hair a little before applying the product, it has to be damp, not dripping wet, the product will drip away with the water.
Overall Performance of L’Oreal 6 Oil Nourish Oil in Cream and L’Oreal Paris Smooth Intense Instant Smoothing Serum
- Easy to apply
- Affordable and easily available
- Long lasting
- Strongly scented
- Do not use too much product at once, causes hair to look greasy.
Please remember that if you are allergic or sensitive to any chemicals or any fragrances, please consult a hair specialist or even a dermatologist before use.
There you go, two lovely products, easily available, affordable to manage unruly hair.
In my opinion, these two go hand in hand and have worked very well for me.
Would I Repurchase?
I would certainly recommend purchasing the oil in cream but I would give it a second thought before going for the hair serum.
If you have any queries or questions or want to share your experience, please leave a comment below.