In winters what goes on toll? Any Guesses ? of course our skin, chapped lips, dried out hairs! Yeah is a sinking feeling na? So this winters I decided to ditch matt lipsticks, and go for more creamy or glossy stuff, and one fine day I saw this ad of Lakmé absolute gloss addict lipstick, featuring Kareena Kapoor and I loved it ❤ her pouty lips, glossy finish, THE ABSOLUTE TAG! literally, everything dragged me to the Lakme counter, And I picked up the Lakme Gloss Addict Red Delight, So today I will be reviewing Lakmé absolute gloss addict red delight, read on to know if this product could live up to its tag!
Basic information about Lakme Gloss Addict Red Delight
Price INR 800
Quantity 4 ml
29 months (approx.)
What is it?
Its been quite a while now since Lakme introduced this range. But since our make up game was more inclined towards matt products, this product couldn’t gather much attention, Now that we are almost done with super matt and powder matt finishes and are hunting for more creamy and dewy looks, this product deserves a fair chance.
Join the gloss revolution! Get addicted to the best of both worlds – Incredible hi-shine of a liquid lip gloss & one stroke application of a lipstick.
Created by backstage Experts at Lakmé Fashion Week for Runway-Ready lips in 15 Glamorous Shades! Lakmé Reinvent. Professional High shine in a single stroke application. Available in 15 Shades
My experience with Lakme Gloss Addict Red Delight
I find the packaging quite basic, It comes in a silver plastic cylindrical case, with a transparent cap, you can see through the shade from the top, and the name of the shade is mentioned in the bottom, Its twist up mechanism works perfectly, and the lipstick comes in a bullet form.
It has super glossy Texture, this glides on your lips like your actually putting up some balmy sort of lip balm, it won’t feel like a lipstick. And the worst part is even after having that glossy feel, it settles in your fine lines! Shoots man, and it doesn’t end here! It bleeds insanely. Grrrrr…
It stays for 3-4 hours without having any food, I tried concealing my lips, dabbed some powder, but nothing could make it work.
Shade and Pigmentation
It’s moderately pigmented, if you have hyperpigmentation this won’t hide them, moreover, if you try to build up the shade it tends to bleed and settles unevenly on the center of your lips, which is the worst part! I love the shade red delight, I see this working for most of the Indian skin tones, but the pigmentation and formula make it a total nay from my end.
So I had truckloads of expectations from this product, but it turned out to be a complete waste, this neither does a job of lipstick nor of a lip gloss! They say it has got the best of both worlds but from my experience, it has got the worst of it. I have used more pigmented and moisturizing lip balms, which has got better stay and formula, than this one. This product is a huge disappointment guy.
The overall performance of Lakme Gloss Addict Red Delight
- Travel-friendly packaging
- See-through transparent cap
- 15 shades is a good number
- The vivid family of shades available
- Good quantity of product delivered
- Bleeds insanely
- Too pricey
- Availability of all the shades is restricted, I just see 4 shades on nykaa.
- Below average stay
- Moderately pigmented
- Settles in fine lines
- Single stroke application? Are you kidding me?
Will I recommend this product or repurchase it?
Need I say more? ? (Pun intended) No, never not even in my nightmares, I am not trying out different shade, or repurchasing it, This product is not even worth trying, you can completely skip this product.
Ratings: 1/5 ( that too for the shades they have in their stack)
More Lakme Lipsticks?
- Lakme 9 to 5 Lipstick Sorbet Tuesday Review + Swatches
- Best Maroon Lipstick : Lakme 9 To 5 Primer +Matte Maroon Mix
- Lakme Enrich Satin Lipstick M461 Review
- Lakme 9 to 5 Primer + Matte Lipstick Coffee Command Review
- Lakme Absolute Sculpt Studio Hi-Definition Matte Rose Bloom Lipstick Review
- Lakme Absolute Crimson Touch Sculpt Studio Hi Definition Matte Lipstick Review
- Lakme 9 to 5 Lipstick Beige Post Review
- Lakme 9 To 5 Lipstick Magenta Mind Review
- Lakme RM14 Enrich Matte Lipstick Review
- Lakme 9 To 5 Creaseless Creme Lipstick Flaming Function Review
- Lakme Enrich Satin Lipstick N651 Review
- Lakme 9 to 5 Creaseless Crème Lipstick Pink Affair Review
- Lakme 9 To5 Creaseless Matte Lipstick Red Chaos Review
- Lakme 9 to 5 Creaseless Matte Lipstick Orange Edge Review
- Lakme Enrich Satin Lipstick P152 Review
- Lakme 9 to 5 Lipstick Scarlet Drill Review
- Lakme Lip Love Lipstick Wine Whisper Review
- Lakme 9 to 5 Crease-Less Crème Lipstick Wine Order Review
- Lakme Enrich Satin Lipstick P165 Review
- Lakme Enrich Matte Lipstick BM 10 Review
- Lakme Enrich Matte Lipstick PM 15 Review
- Lakme 9 To 5 Lakme Creaseless Matte Lipstick Red Letter Review
- Lakme Absolute Sculpt Studio Hi- Definition Matte Lipstick Red Flames Review
- Lakme Absolute Lip Pout Victorian Rose Review