So summers are almost here and we all know the importance of a sunscreen under the scorching sun! Though I have absolutely loved the lotus sunscreens as they are suitable to almost all skin tones but I thought I need to give Lacto Calamine a chance since I already love their lotion (you have to try it if you haven’t already!). :haanji :haanji :haanji
Basic Product Info:
This one is a daily use sunscreen with an SPF of 30 PA++. It is supposed to be applied before stepping out in the sun.
The brand claims the following:
The goodness of SPF 30 PA++, Lemon Extract & Vitamin E
• Lemon Extract helps in oil control
• The goodness of Vitamin E helps reduce dark spots, pigmentation & is known to prevent premature ageing of skin due to harmful UV rays.
• The shield of SPF 30 PA++ helps to protect skin from broad spectrum UVA & UVB rays.
Price :INR 199 for 50 ml.
There are two kinds available, one for oily to normal skin and the other one is for dry skin.
It white in colour and quite runny. It does not leave a greasy residue when applied to the skin.
My Experience with Lacto Calamine Sun Shield Daily Use Sunscreen Oily To Normal Skin
- PACKAGING: The product comes in a tube with a yellow cap but after a few uses, the product start getting collected around the cap. The cap could easily come off if you keep it in your bag, so don’t!
- SMELL: It has a slight fragrance which lingers.
- BLENDABLE: It gets absorbed into my skin pretty easily and makes the skin feel smooth.
- WEARIBILITY: This one is a bummer! Although this sunscreen was meant for oily skin, it did not last on my skin. For the first few minutes, my skin looked fresh but after about half an hour, I noticed that it was making my skin look dark and dull. The oil started breaking through and my T-zone was oily and greasy within an hour. I also tries using this under my makeup and it made my foundation separate and my face looked oilier than usual. :confused :no :no :no
Overall Performance of the Product
It’s a really pathetic product. It makes my skin dull and oily. I will have to throw it away!
Would I Recommend Or Repurchase?
Not ever! 😥