Contouring the face is an important thing if you wish to achieve the sculpted look. But if you don’t get the shades right, it might end up being a complete disaster. Therefore you need to choose the shades that match your skin. Up until now, I have always used powder contours. But a few weeks back I spotted the LA Girl Highlight and Contour and it seemed like an interesting product. So I just went ahead and bought myself one, in the shade Fair. Let’s see how it turned out!
Table of Contents
Basic Info About LA Girl Pro Highlight and Contour
The LA Girl Pro Highlight and Contour is a highlighter and contour duo that helps the face to achieve the sculpted look.
What Does the Brand Claim?
Contouring made easy with color coordinated shades. Available in 8 cream duos. Buttery soft formula melts into the skin for a natural matte finish. The smooth formula blends beautifully for a flawless-looking contour and helps define, sculpt and accentuate your facial features beautifully.
Rs. 675 for a box containing 4.4 gm of the product on the Nykaa App and stores.
Sensitive Skin Alert
In case of irritation, discontinue use.
Natural/ Vegan/ Organic
The full list is mentioned at the back of the box.
How to Use It
- Apply the contour and highlighting cream with your fingers on your face.
- Blend with a beauty blender or a flat contouring brush.
- If you don’t want to use your fingers during application, you can also apply it with a concealer brush and then blend with your suitable blender or brush.
- Apply the amount depending on your look. Lesser for a subtle look and greater for an intense look.
My Experience with LA Girl Pro Highlight and Contour
The contour- highlighter duo by L.A. Girl Pro comes in a small rectangular box. It has a fiber flap open lid. The box inside has a slanting division which has the highlighter cream on top and the contour cream below it. It doesn’t come with an applicator. The box is small enough to fit into the handbag. Hence is travel-friendly.
Texture and Consistency
Both the highlighter and contour cream has a smooth texture and gives a matte look once applied. It blends in very well. Also, it is pretty pigmented and hence it works quite well with just a small amount of product.
It has no fragrance of its own.
The one that I bought is in the shade, Gcc633 Fair. This one is perfect for people with ivory toned skin. I, unfortunately, have a very ghostly pale white complexion. Hence I always have to go for the lightest shade of all the blend-able products. So for me, this shade was a perfect match. Also, as I mentioned before, it was my first time using a cream contour. I was quite apprehensive about the results. But once I used it, all my apprehension flew out the window.
This is a wonderful product and I mean both the highlighter and the contour cream. It blended into my skin very smoothly. I usually blend the contour cream with an angled beauty blender. As for the highlighter, I use my fingers. Though I wish this came with an applicator of its own, as using the finger might not be convenient all the time, it feels comfortable to use the fingers to apply it.
The highlighting cream is very bright but isn’t very shimmery. So you might need to use an illuminator with your foundation, when you use this product if shimmer is your thing. But for me personally, the less the shimmer, the better. So it’s an absolute thumbs up for me!
Overall Performance of LA Girl Pro Highlight and Contour
- Very pigmented
- Blends smoothly into the skin
- Small amount of the product can give an intense look
- The highlighter is bright but not isn’t very shimmery
- Blends well with angled beauty blender or flat contour brushes
- Has no fragrance
- Gives a naturally matte look
- Sturdy packaging
- Value for money
- Does not come with an applicator of its own
Would I Recommend and Repurchase?
Of course! I am going to recommend this for all of you. And if you love cream contours, then this one is a great catch! It’s all because of this one that I’ve become a fan of cream contours! I am definitely going to repurchase this one once I’m done with the current box.
More contour kit?
- Sleek Face Contour Kit Light Review
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Kit Powder Mink Review
- Ruimio Makeup Contour Kit Highlight and Bronzing Powder Palette Review
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Contour Cream Kit Review
- Makeup Studio Contour Palette Review