LA Girl Flat Finish Pigment Gloss is probably the most affordable non -smudge- able matte lip gloss in my collection. People either love it or hate it! As for me I too am confused about it. Let’s weigh the pros and cons below to decide if it’s worth a try! What say?
Price: $3.97 in Amazon (Rs. 260/-)
How to Use:
- Scrub your lips nicely with a walnut or apricot scrub and peel away the dry skin flakes.
- Apply a very thin layer of lip balm or lip gloss. The better option will be to scrub you lips the night before and apply a thick layer of lip moisturizer or balm overnight to get smooth and hydrated lips.
- Apply the lip gloss evenly over the lips. Apply in one single stroke over a region and do not rub again and again over the same spot. This step is very crucial. Only one stroke at a place so apply carefully. Take your time.
- Keep your lips open until it dries. It would take about a minute to dry. Do not close your lips or rub them together before its totally dry. It might form flakes and your lips might stick.
- Use oil based makeup remover.
- Use a tissue soaked with coconut oil or any other edible oil and rub vigorously until the entire color comes off. Wash it with soap and lip scrub to remove the residue.
My Experience with LA Girl Backstage Matte Flat Finish Pigment Gloss
I have a mixed review of this product. You would either love this or hate this. Initially I detested it. But gradually I mastered how to apply it. It’s very important that you resist the urge to rub your lips together after applying this as it can ruin literally everything. I remember my lips getting stuck together and I had to apply a little pressure to open it. Even applying it perfectly can be a pain. You have to apply in one stroke at a place with reapplying on the same place. It can get time consuming. Take care that your hands don’t shake. You cannot let it smudge even a little outside the lips as removing the stain is a bigger pain. The only saving grace about this product is the price. One can hardly get any lip gloss at this price let alone matte. The color too is highly pigmented. It does give a chick look from afar.
Overall it’s a okayish product. I have read some really amazing reviews about it with 5 star rating and read really bad reviews about it. All I can conclude that this product works for some people and doesn’t work for others. As for myself, I am still in the process of mastering it. Its available in 12 colors. Backstage is like a really dark maroonish color which gives a goth look. Not a very flattering color for me. It’s simply too much for me. I suppose other softer colors like ‘playful’ might work for me which is a darker version of baby pink. However if you love unique and dark colored matte lip stains you might want to check this range out.
Would I recommend?
Yes and no. I would say buy it if you are tight on budget and really need to buy a matte lip stain for yourself. Although the end result doesn’t look bad but it’s too much trouble. Hence only because it’s so cheap I would give it 3 stars. The cheapest matte lip stain I have seen as of yet.