The model turned actress Kriti Kharbanda is a popular name in the south Indian film industry who made her debut through the Telugu film Boni in 2009. She predominantly appears in Kannada, Tamil and Telugu film. Before entering Bollywood she had made her place in Tollywood and a good fan base. She entered Bollywood in 2016 by the thriller, Raaz: Reboot. She is known to neither smoke nor drink.
- Name: Kriti Kharbanda
- Nickname: Kittu
- Marital status: single
- Parents: Ashwan Kharbanda, Rajni Kharbanda
- Date Of Birth: 29th October 1990 29 years
- Religion: Hindu
- Educational Qualifications: Graduation diploma in jewelry designing
- Height: 5’3
- Weight: 53 kgs
- Sun sign: Scorpio
- Place of birth: New Delhi
- Hometown: Banglore, Karnataka
- Eye color: brown
- Hair color: Black
Favorites of Kriti:
- Favorite food: chili chicken, Matar paneer
- Favorite Actor: Saif Ali Khan and Farhan Akhtar
- Favorite Actress: Ramya, Dia mirza
- Favorite Director: S.S Rajamouli and Shoojit Sircar
- Favorite Musician: A.R Rahman
- Favorite color: Black and Pink
- Dream Holiday destination: Miami
Kharbanda is a popular younger Indian celebrity amongst the youth. She charges approximately Rs 60-70 lakhs per film. She lives with her family in Bangalore, India. She is an animal lover and likes to spend her free time with her dog Pooh. She is hugely popular for her fit body and athletic physique and has done several fitness and beauty tips videos. She does aerobics to stay fit. She is a known collector of shoes and sarees of which she has a huge collection, she has more than 100 pairs of shoes. She also loves photography.
Family and Relationships:
Kriti Kharbanda was born in a Punjabi family in New Delhi. She has a younger sister named Ishita Kharbanda who is a CA and a younger brother Jaiwardhan Kharbanda, who is the co-founder of Paper Plane Productions. She moved to Banglore in the early 1990s where she was brought up. After finishing her high school in Baldwin Girls High School, she attended Bishop Cotton girl’s school and has a diploma in Jewelry design. She was very much into cultural activities from her school days and continued the same in her college. She had also done some commercials as a child actor. Her important modeling campaign during her college days was for Bhima Jewellers, Spar, and Fair and Lovely.
Kriti had no intention of becoming an actress, it was her mother who pushed her in this direction. After having done modeling in her college days, she got her first break when NRI director Raj Pippalla spotted her on a billboard. she was then cast in his Telugu action film Boni opposite Sumanth, although the film failed at the box office it got her critics attention. She next appeared in Chiru directed by Mahesh Babu opposite Chiranjeevi Sarja. Her breakthrough Film was Ala Modalaindi released in 2011. Afterward, Kharbanda acted in a number of hit movies like ‘Prem Adda’, ‘Googly’ and ‘Super Ranga’. All of these did fairly well and Her performance in Super Ranga won her the Critics’ Best Actress Award at the South Indian International Movie Awards. She made her Bollywood debut opposite Emraan Hashmi in Raaz: Reboot directed by Vikram Bhatt. In 2017, she appeared in two Bollywood films, the comedy-drama “Guest in London” and the romantic comedy “Shaadi Mein Zaroor Aana. She also appeared in the veerey ki wedding in 2018 opposite Pulkit Samrat and Jimmy shergil. Her upcoming movies include Housefull 4, Vaan and pagalpanti all scheduled for 2019.
Awards and accolades
- She was nominated for best-supporting actress for her film Bruce Lee the fighter by Filmfare Award – Telugu Film Industry in 2016
- She was nominated for Best Actress for the film Super Ranga by Filmfare Award – Kannada Film Industry in 2014.
- She won the Critics Choice award for best actress Kannada for her film Super Ranga by South Indian International Movie Awards in 2014.
- She was ranked #1 in the ‘Bangalore Times Most Desirable Women’ of 2013.