Kharbuja is a fruit, also known as muskmelon and like other melons, it’s known for high water content. High water content means that muskmelon prevents dehydration. However, it’s also full of other nutritional benefits. Especially for people conscious about their weight and those who want to maintain a minimal calorie diet, muskmelon is a healthy and delicious option.
The exact calculated nutritional value of a cup or 156 grams of muskmelon would be known to contain 53 kcal, 0.3 grams fat, 12 g sugar, 1.4 g dietary fiber, 1.3 g protein, 13 g carbohydrates, 3126 IU Vitamin A, 40.56mg Vitamin C, 531.96 mg potassium and 33.60 mcg folate.
Benefits of muskmelon or kharbuja
- Muskmelon contains potassium which ensures regulation of blood pressure, thus, control of hypertension.
- High level of Vitamin A means better vision through the strengthening of eye muscles.
- Weight is under control due to the negligible amount of fat present.
- Due to the presence of dietary fibers and negligible fat, blood sugar levels are kept under control, thus, preventing diabetes.
- Vitamin C helps boost immunity as it increases white blood cell production to fight off infections. It also tackles ulcer problems.
- These are cholesterol free in nature.
- It’s a great remedy for people suffering from constipation as it has a high water content as well as fiber.
- Oxykine, an extract of muskmelon helps cure kidney problems
- The folate present in muskmelon helps remove sodium and reduce water retention in pregnant women.
- Muskmelon is also known to have an anti-aging property which makes your skin better as well helps relieve stress through increased flow of oxygen to the brain.
- It relieves a cough and congestion through flushing excessive phlegm by coughing.
- It protects your heart by acting on its anticoagulant properties, thus preventing blood clot creation.
- It fixes acidity issues as it has a neutral pH.
- It soothes a toothache and makes hair and nails stronger.
Methods to include muskmelon in daily routine
You can include muskmelon in your daily diet by making refreshing salads, sorbet, fruit smoothie and by eating muskmelon seeds. Muskmelon grows best in dry regions or in summers.
Cons of eating muskmelon
Due to its high water content, it may lead to dilution of stomach acids which is necessary for the digestive process. It can lead to indigestion. So keep in mind to include muskmelon in your diet, but make sure to include consumption of other macronutrients as well.
Hi, we have fruits daily, but ignorant about their benefits. Thanks for bringing benefits of Kharbuja