Ileana D’cruz, born on 1 November 1986, is an Indian actress who has appeared in Telugu, Tamil, and Hindi films. She started her career by getting into the Telugu film industry. She even won a Filmfare for the same. Then she tried her hand in Tamil films and did two of them. Finally, she came to Bollywood and made her film debut in Ranbir Kapoor and Priyanka Chopra starrer film Barfi!
Age- 32 years
Weight- 55 Kg
Hometown- Parra, Goa
Zodiac Sign- Scorpio
School- St. Xavier’s Higher Secondary School and College, Mapusa, Goa
College- University of Mumbai, Mumbai
Hobbies- Reading, Swimming, and Photography
Favorite Food- Biryani, Chinese, Italian Food
Favorite Actor- Saif Ali Khan & Hrithik Roshan
Favorite Actress- Kajol, Katrina Kaif, & Deepika Padukone
Favorite Cricketer- Sidney Sheldon
Favorite Destination- Maldives
Favorite Colours- Black, White, & Green
Family & Early Life:
Ileana was born in Mumbai and was raised partly in Mumbai and party in Goa. Her Father, Ronaldo D’Cruz, is a Goan Catholic and her mother name is Samira D’Cruz. She has a brother named Rhys D’Cruz and two sisters, Farrah D’Cruz, the elder one and Eileen D’Cruz, the younger one.
Her mother used to work in a hotel where the manager of that hotel suggested to her that she has a vibrant smile and she should start modeling. In 2003, her first portfolio was created which she described as a disaster. She then started doing ramp shows and her second portfolio gave her three advertisement campaigns through which she started getting noticed.
She made her film debut from the Telugu Film, Devadasu. This film helped Ileana to earn a Filmfare for Best Female Debutant. She then did a film called Pokiri which was again a success.
In 2006, she made her Telugu film debut in Kedi which didn’t go well in box-office. After that, she did one more Tamil language film and many Telugu films.
D’Cruz made her Hindi Film Debut in Anurag Basu’s film Barfi! which was a huge success and gave Ileana her second Filmfare. This film also made into Oscars. She than appeared in Phata Poster Nikla Hero opposite Shahid Kapoor in 2013 which had mixed reviews, Main Tera Hero opposite Varun Dhawan and Nargis Fakhri in 2014 which was a semi-hit, Happy Ending opposite Saif Ali Khan in 2014 only which was a big flop, Rustom opposite Akshay Kumar in 2016 which became the highest-grossing film of that year, Mubarakan and Baadshaho both of which failed and Raid opposite Ajay Devgan in 2018 which got positive reviews.
After taking Six years to break, she has signed a Telugu film Amar Akbar Anthony.
It was reported she was in a relationship with Prabhas but now she is in a live-in relationship with Andrew Kneebone, an Australian Photographer.
- Filmfare Awards South for Best Female Debut in Devadasu (2007).
- Santhosham Film Awards for Best Actress in Jalsa (2009)
- Vogue Beauty Awards for Fresh Face in 2010.
- ETC Bollywood Business Awards for Most Profitable Debut (Female) in Barfi! (2012)
- Filmfare awards for Best Female Debut in Barfi! (2013)
- Zee Cine Awards for Best Female Debut in Barfi! (2013)
- Screen Awards for Most Promising Newcomer- Female in Barfi! (2013)
- Star Guild Awards for Best Female Debut in Barfi! (2013)
- Times of India Film Awards for Best Female Debut in Barfi! (2013)
- Times of India Film Awards for Best Supporting Actress in Barfi! (2013)
- Life OK Now Awards for Life OK WOW Performance in Main Tera Hero (2014)