What is Rice Water?
Rice Water is the water that is leftover after washing off rice in preparation for eating. Rice water contains some really beneficial nutrients which are very good for hair and skin. Rice Water can be concentrated or diluted and even fermented to reap out most of its benefits.
Benefits of rice water for hair :
- Help in increasing the hair growth
- Reduces the split ends
- Improves the texture and increases the volume of hair
- Helps in curing the dandruff
- Makes hair shiny, strengthened and soft
- Helps in removing lice by killing the Lice and nits instantly
Benefits of rice water for skin :
- Great facial cleanser
- Helps in toning the skin
- Helps in healing the acne
- Works great at easing the effects of eczema on the skin
- Soothes the rashes, skin inflammation and irritated skin
How to Prepare Rice Water for Hair
There are several amazing quick and easy recipes for preparing a batch of rice water :
Remedy 1 : Boiled rice water
This recipe let us to prepare rice water which we can use as a hair rinse.
Ingredients: Water, Rice
- Cook 1 cup of rice in 5 cups of water. Here, the catch is that you have to prepare rice as you normally do but the amount of water which you will be adding to the rice should two to three times the amount of water you usually would.
- When the rice have cooked you need to strain it out.
- The water which is left over is white in color and is rich in many nutrients.
- Now take a bowl half full of plain water. Add 3 – 4 tablespoon of the rice water to plain water in the bowl to dilute the strength of the rice water.
- Wash your hair with the diluted rice water to get smooth and silky hair.
- Repeat it once a week.
Remedy 2 : Fermented rice water
Fermented rice water is really good for hair because it is seen that the process of fermentation brings the rice water’s pH more close to that of hair’s natural pH. This causes the release of a chemical called pitera that may promote the regeneration of cells.
Ingredients: Water, Rice
- We have to prepare fermented rice water just by soaking a half cup of rice into two cups of water for around 2 days. Strain the rice from the water.
- You should stop the fermentation when some sour smell starts coming out from the rice water.
- Keep this solution in the refrigerator.
- Fermented rice water is very potent therefore you should be wise enough to dilute it with 1 – 2 cups of warm water before using it.
- After shampooing your hair don’t forget to pour the rice water on your hair. Gently massage your scalp and hair for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly with plain water.
- Use it once or twice a week.