How To Do Pedicure At Home: A fact well known is that our hectic and tight schedule keeps us away from taking out time for ourselves. We don’t even have a few minutes to let our body relax. If you are someone who is neglecting your body’s need to relax then this time calls for some pampering. The best way to pamper yourself this weekend to give yourself a nice pedicure that too at home without spending a penny.
Here are the steps to make your feet sandal ready:
Prep your nails
- This step involves removing the old nail paint using nail paint remover.
- Now clip your nails using a nail cutter.
- File your nails according to the shape you admire (oval, square, pointed etc).
- While filing the nails it should be kept in mind that you avoid back and forth motion and file in a single direction. Back and forth motion make the nails weak and more prone to breakage.
Time for fa oot bath
- Take a tub at least 5 to 6 inches deep.
- Fill it with warm water.
- Add ½ cup Epsom salt, ½ cup lemon juice and 3-4 drops of your favourite essential oil in it.
- Soak your feet in this water for 15-20 minutes.
- After that pat dry your feet using a towel.
Exfoliate the feet
- Take some cuticle cream and apply it on the toenails.
- Let it sit for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, exfoliate your feet with firm but gentle pressure using a pumice stone or foot file.
- Remove the cuticle cream once you are done.
- Push the cuticles using an angled cuticle pusher.
- Now scrub your feet using a body scrub or a face scrub.
- Wash your feet once you are done.
- Choose a heavy moisturizer for this purpose.
- Apply a generous amount of moisturiser and massage well.
- This step is extremely important in a pedicure as moisturising the skin keeps it well hydrated and prevents it from cracking.
Decorate your nails
- After moisturising the feet you can paint your nails with a shade of your choice.
- Always start with a base coat using transparent nail polish.
- Then apply two coats of nail paint with a shade of your choice.
- After that apply the top coat using transparent nail polish.
More on Foot Care?
- Himalaya Wellness Foot Care Cream Review
- DIY Listerine Foot Soak – Heal Cracked Heels At Home !
- Fabindia Avocado Foot Cream Review
- The Body Shop Hemp Foot Protector Review
- Oriflame FeetUp Foot Cream Review
- Khadi Natural Jasmine & Green Tea Herbal Foot Crack Cream Review
- VLCC Pedicure-Manicure Hand & Foot Care Kit Review
- Khadi Hand & Foot Cleanser Lemon Pedicure Review
- Freeman Barefoot Lemon and Sage Foot Scrub for Lovely Feet !
- Scholl Refreshing Foot Soak Review
- Jovees Foot Cream And Scrub Review
- Neutrogena Norwegian Formula Foot Cream Review
- Innisfree Special Care Foot Mask Review
- Scholl Foot Cream Mousse Review