I have to confess I love visiting stand alone stores, especially Himalaya herbals. Now this Himalaya Herbals Oil Control Lemon Face Wash was picked up at the Goa airport, a while ago but since summer is in full swing, I decided to use this some time back, read to know how it fared.
Table of Contents
- What is it and who is it for?
- Sensitive Skin Alert?
- What does the Brand Claim about Himalaya Herbals Oil Control Lemon Face Wash:
- How to Use:
- My Experience with Himalaya Herbals Oil Control Lemon Face Wash:
- Positives of Himalaya Herbals Oil Control Lemon Face Wash:
- Negatives of Himalaya Herbals Oil Control Lemon Face Wash:
- Overall Would I repurchase and recommend?
- GlossyPolish Verdict
What is it and who is it for?
This is a face wash in gel form with cute beads, meant for oil removal on the surface, for oily skin. Oily skin that wants a hydration and yet wants the shine off could use this wash.
Rs 150 for 200 ml
Sensitive Skin Alert?
What does the Brand Claim about Himalaya Herbals Oil Control Lemon Face Wash:
Himalaya’s Oil Clear Lemon Face Wash is a soap-free, herbal formulation that gently cleanses your face and removes excess oil. Blended with Lemon, an astringent and cooling agent, and Honey, which has natural, deep cleansing properties, the face wash leaves your skin clean without feeling dry and stretched.
- Lemonhas an overall soothing and astringent effect. The citric acid present in Lemon lightens and softens your skin. It also helps fade freckles and age spots and eliminates blackheads. Lemon removes grime and dirt and leaves your skin feeling supple and smooth.
- Honeyis very beneficial for the skin as it attracts water to maintain moisture as well as providing nourishment to the skin. It is also a natural antiseptic as it contains antimicrobial agents that kill bacteria.
How to Use:
Moisten face, apply a small quantity of face wash and gently work up a lather using a circular motion. Wash off and pat dry. Use twice daily.
My Experience with Himalaya Herbals Oil Control Lemon Face Wash:
I have to say I love the pump style bottle, I can even use it in my kitchen 😛 but to my dismay, the pump does not function well, after a few uses. The spring has some problem now and dispensing is an issue. You need to two pump and mix it with a lot of water to make some lather, the lather is gel-like but not whitish cream.
The wash has some cute beads but they hardly make a difference in the experience. What I like is that the wash feels very mild and there is no dryness or extreme matte look on the face after using this, you still feel hydrated but not oily! Hence this is a one up on the pond’s mattifying face washes which really rip the oil off. This wash feels delicate.
I could use it even 3-4 times but it does not feel harsh, it removes oily layer but do not expect it to give you very through cleanse, it does not deep cleanse in my opinion.
It is a good wash to carry, to feel fresh, now coming to the scent, it smells like holi’s powder colors, I am not too fond of it, but it does not linger too much.
Positives of Himalaya Herbals Oil Control Lemon Face Wash:
- Does not dry the skin
- Does not rip off the oil
- Easily available
- Mild and good to carry
Negatives of Himalaya Herbals Oil Control Lemon Face Wash:
- Does not deep cleanse
- Only superficial oil is removed for few hours.
- Pump gave up on me too soon
- May not lather too much, if you like those sort of face washes.
- I don’t think it works on active pimples in any way.
Overall Would I repurchase and recommend?
Yes, if you have oily skin and do not have active pimples, then this is good as it does not dry the skin as well as removes the oil. Do not expect deep pore cleansing with this, and shine stays at bay for a couple of hours only. It will not work in very humid places.
More Himalaya Face Washes :
- Himalaya Fairness Kesar Face Wash Review
- Himalaya Tan Removal Orange Face Wash Review
- Himalaya Purifying Neem Face Wash Review
- Himalaya Herbal Moisturizing Aloe Vera Face Wash Review
- Himalaya Herbals Moisturising Cucumber Peel-Off Mask Review