Hello there… all my readers! How’s summer treating you? Well, due to this scorching heat, the most affected area after our skin is our eyes!! As we all know that “Kajal” plays a major role in our ‘look’ of the day. Skipping Kajal on a single day is probably the worst thing you’ll be doing that day :p (C’mon, Don’t you think so?) I’m more of bold kohl eyes’ person.
I had been using Lakme’s Kajal for a long time now… Since I needed an intense black shade, so, this time I made up my mind to change my Kajal. I went to the shop and bought the one from Himalaya herbals. Read on to know how this Kajal fared for me…
Table of Contents
Basic Information about Himalaya Herbals Kajal
A Kajal with a unique blend of herbal extract enriched with almond oil that nourishes your eyes keeps them cool and keeps them bright.
It costs– Rs 45 for 1 gm
- Almond Oil nourishes lashes and also acts as an anti-aging agent for the eyelids.
- Camphoraids in retaining eye moisture, which helps keep eyes hydrated.
- Castor Oil is a skin softener and also acts as a protective barrier between the skin and harsh environmental conditions such as wind, dust and dry air.
- Damask Rose is known for its cooling properties, which help alleviate eye strain.
- Triphala, an herbal concoction made from the Indian Gooseberry, Inknut, and Beleric Myrobalan fruits, is a well-known eye tonic. Its anti-inflammatory properties help reduce eye redness and swelling.
What it does-
- Cools and nourishes eyes.
Triphala, a unique herbal composite of three power-packed berries does the following-
- adds luster,
- Make eyes look bright and attractive.
- Extra Smooth
- Water Proof
- Cools and nourishes eyes
- No harmful chemicals
My experience with Himalaya Herbals Kajal
Packaging- It comes in a plastic cover. Inside it is a black colored Kajal. The cap is tight and doesn’t get open on its own. Overall, the packaging is really good.
Fragrance and Texture- This Kajal, it doesn’t have any artificial fragrance. As the brand claims, it gives eyes a cooling effect. It has very soft and smooth texture that glides easily on lash/water line. (You will love the texture, I can assure you, and it’s awesome!).
Color-I really love how even in a single stroke, it gives an intense black color. It is not smudge-free at all … it smudges drastically. (It looks great for maximum two hours!) After that, it looks messy…in fact, a lot messy!
Also, as claimed by the brand, it is not waterproof too. I washed my face and it got wiped in no time. The good part is that even though it smudges, it doesn’t irritate my skin or eyes while using.
I do not use this on a daily basis. (I use it only when I’m getting late and one of my other kajal is missing!)
Overall Performance of Himalaya Herbals Kajal
- Intense black color
- Can be easily removed
- Inexpensive (as compared to other brands)
- Does not cause any kind of irritation to skin
- Contains herbal ingredients
- Easily available
- Very much travel-friendly (the bottle is small)
- Very less staying Power (maximum 2 hours)
- Not water-proof
- Not at all smudge-proof (It smudges badly!!)
Would I recommend?
Well, no, I would not recommend this Kajal. It was a big disappointment to me. Even if it has herbal and natural ingredients, it does not satisfy the basic requirements of a Kajal- not smudge-free, not water-proof and not a decent stay.
If you’re out of money and want a Kajal urgently for some hours, then, you can definitely go for this. :p