Hair Growth Oil DIY: Being beautiful and looking beautiful are different things altogether. Few of us are blessed with inherent beauty and hair while some of us suffer hair loss problem. Almost half of the population suffers from serious hair fall problem. The main problem arises when there is only a fall but no growth.
Some of the other problems besides this are breakage, thinning, split ends etc. which really affect our hair growth. I am sure you don’t want to buy expensive hair growth serums or oils but you will be happy to know that there many DIY’s which you can do to foster hair growth.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR WITH COCONUT OIL
Apple cider vinegar is good for people suffering from hair fall and dry hair.
- Take no more than 10 drops of apple cider vinegar along with coconut oil.
- Apply it, say 8-10 hours before head bath, and massage the scalp well with this apple cider vinegar and coconut oil tonic.
- Use lukewarm water to wash your hair.
- Use this once a week.
- You can also store this tonic in a glass bottle.
OLIVE OIL WITH HONEY FOR HAIR GROWTH
Olive oil is good for dry and damp hair and also helps in hair growth.
- Mix 5-7 drops of honey with 6 teaspoons of olive oil.
- Store it, you can apply it 1 hour before you wash your hair.
- Ensure that you do not overdo with the honey part as it is extremely sticky.
USING CASTOR OIL
Being rich in vitamin E and essential fatty acids, especially omega-9 fatty acids, castor oil promotes hair growth naturally.
- As this oil is quite a viscous mix it with an equal amount of coconut oil or almond hair oil.
- Massage it on your scalp and leave it for 30-45 minutes.
- Shampoo your hair.
USING PEPPERMINT OIL AND ROSEMARY OIL FOR HAIR GROWTH
Rosemary oil helps to foster hair growth and peppermint oil has also been shown to aid hair growth.
- Take 6 drops of peppermint oil and 6 drops of rosemary oil.
- Mix both the oils and massage it on your scalp.
- Make sure you wash your hair properly as the scalp may remain greasy.
USING GINGER AND OLIVE OIL
Ginger is very effective against baldness, hair fall, itchy scalp. The natural anti-inflammatory keeps scalp infections at bay.
- Take 1 tablespoon of grated ginger.
- Take ½ cup of olive oil.
- Heat ½ cup of olive oil on extremely low heat and add grated ginger, heat till all the water is evaporated.
- Let it cool and sieve the oil into another bowl.
- Finally add some essential oil like rosemary oil, peppermint oil etc. (3drops)
- Use it the same way you use your general oil to massage.
- It can be itchy in beginning but it will soon be negligible.
- You can store this up to 2 weeks in a dark place.
I hope you all like it. Thank you for reading it!
I will try the ginger trick..
All the recipes are quite good and easy to do..
i love using castor oil, it really works. nice post Mohita 🙂
i use castor and olive oil… never tried rosemary… trying out soon