Getting Rid of Gas Pain is Easier than You Thought! Gas pain may arise from the air trapped inside your intestine. Depending on the severity of the trapped gas the gas pain may increase or decrease. Sometimes trapped gas may also cause bloating, swelling, tightness and even cramps or sharp pains.
On average most people pass gas between 13-21 times a day. Sometimes due to constipation or diarrhea, the gas can not escape out of your body and that becomes one of the main causes of pain. We all have sometime or the other experienced the pain of a gas attack. This gas pain may have many severe effects, to prevent escalation of the pain and to provide faster relief you can try the following remedies.
FART IT OUT:
No matter how embarrassing that sounds it is actually healthier to let out your fart and let your gas escape than to hold it in despite being in pain. If the gas is not let out for too long the pain increases and you end up feeling bloated.
TAKE A DUMP:
Sometimes the gas trapped in your intestine can come out. Pooping actually requires the movement of the muscles related to your bowels. This movement aids in passing of gas with ease.
Recent studies have shown that consumption of peppermint tea can be helpful to fight the symptoms of irritable bowls syndrome as well as other causes of gas pain.
When choosing the capsules to consume make sure to go for enteric-coated capsules. The coat of the capsule help to slow down dissolution thereby preventing heartburn.
When it comes to easing gas pains some herbal teas have really shown to be useful to relax the gut muscles. Not only does this help in smoother bowel movement but it also helps to release trapped gas. Some of the teas that could you help you with this problem are chamomile tea, ginger tea etc. you can add spices like anise, clove etc; in your tea to increase its efficiency.
Well, this should not come as a surprise that walking and mild exercise helps you release gas and thus get rid of gas pain. Try taking a walk after meals to avoid gas accumulation. If you already have gas pain then try running, walking or jumping as a way to expel accumulated gas.
Just like most of your other physical problems yoga has a solution to ease your gas pain to. You can follow these few poses to get rid of gas pain.
- Lay down flat on your mat. Keep your legs extended and your arms by your side.
- Bend your right knee and bring it close to your chest.
- Hug your knee with both hands while pressing your shoulder and your neck into the mat.
- When you exhale bring your forehead close to your knee and try to touch your knee with your forehead.
- Hold for a few seconds.
- Slowly put your head back and release your knee.
- Go back to the initial laying position and repeat with the other leg.
- Lay down flat on your back.
- Keep your feet at a distance of five or six inches from each other.
- Bend your knees thrusting your hip, glutes and back upwards away from the mat.
- Do not raise your shoulders. Your hands should lay under your hip on the mat.
- Hold for a few breaths.
- Release then repeat.
- Sit on the mat on your knees. Sit down all the way so that your glutes touch your feet.
- Shift your glutes off your feet to the right side so that you are now sitting on the ground, legs on the opposite side.
- Take your left leg and place your left foot on the outside of your right knee. You may use your hands for the said.
- Extend your arms out to sides.
- Then twist to the left.
- Place your extended right arm on the outside of your left leg.
- Hold for some time.
- Release and repeat with the opposite side.