Moisturisation is a very important part of our regular skin care routine. It becomes even more important as we grow older and our skin loses its elasticity. It is in the search for a perfect moisturizer that I came across Fabindia Silk Protein Face Cream.
Details about Fabindia Silk Protein Face Cream
This face cream is made with Sericin, a silk protein. It claims to be ideal for dry, dull skin making it soft and radiant. So, what is silk protein? It is the protein that silkworms use to make silk. Silk protein is high in amino acids and this makes it a great ingredient for skin care products.
Price: Rs 290 for 50 ml
Shelf life: 36 months from the date of manufacture
Sensitive skin alert
Ingredients: Purified water, sunflower oil, cetostearyl alcohol, glycerine, capric caprylic triglyceride, glyceryl monostearate, emulsifying wax, propylene glycol, Polysorbate 20, fragrance, kokum butter, Dimethicone, Cyclomethicone, almond oil, hydrolysed silk protein, benzyl alcohol, sodium PCA, imidazolidinyl urea, triethanolamine, wheat germ oil, carbomer, olive oil, vitamin e acetate, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, sodium metabisulphite.
My experience with Fabindia Silk Protein Face Cream
Packaging: It comes in a plastic tube packing. It is convenient and easy to use. It’s great to carry around in your purse while traveling as it does not spill.
Application instructions: Apply all over the face as often as required.
Colour, texture, and fragrance: This cream is milky white in color and is quite dense in texture. It may seem like a heavy cream, but it gets absorbed very well. The fragrance is very soft and pleasant.
Experience: The packaging mentions that this cream is for dull, dry skin but then don’t we all get dry skin during winter season. This cream actually worked wonders for my skin. I have been applying it for only over a week and I can feel the difference in my skin. In spite of its thick consistency, it gets absorbed into the skin well. It is not one of those sticky creams that make your face oily, which can be a magnet for dust. I would like to especially recommend this cream to all those who get that dry scratchy feeling on their face during winter months.
Overall Performance of Fabindia Silk Protein Face Cream
- Nice creamy texture
- Love the fragrance
- Gets absorbed well
- Softens skin
- Doesn’t make the face oily
- Contains kokum butter and almond oil
- Not totally organic
- May not work well in the summer season
- High price for a 50 ml packing
- The packing could have been a little more cheerful
Would I repurchase or recommend?
Yes, I am definitely going to buy this product again. Highly recommended for those with dry skin.
More Fabindia Products?
- FabIndia Papaya Face Scrub Review
- FabIndia Haldi Chandan Face Pack Review
- FabIndia Orange Neroli Sand Scrub Review
- FabIndia Neem Tulsi Skin Toner Review
- Fabindia Soothing Aloe Vera Gel Review
- Fabindia Silk Protein Moisturizing Lotion Review
- FabIndia Lip Butter Plum Passion Review
- Fabindia Almond Kajal Review
- Fabindia Neem Tulsi Mud Pack Review
- Fabindia Virgin Coconut Oil Review
- Fabindia Facial Water Rose Review
- Fabindia Charcoal Face Pack Review