There are a number of eyeliners/ eye pencils available in the market from various brands. This time I decided to go for Essence Eyeliner Lucky Lead. I have been using this product for my daily wear makeup for quite some time and here is it’s the first-hand review.
Basic Info About Essence Eyeliner Lucky Lead
Price and quantity:
MRP INR 249/- for 0.28g (this product is easily available at a great discount on various websites)
36 months after opening, this is a long time for an eye makeup product.
Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil comes in a plastic, twist to use cover, which is easier to use in comparison to the pencils that are to be sharpened to use.
The product does not mention the ingredients in it which is a drawback for those who always check the list of ingredients before buying a product.
About Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil:
As the name suggests, it is an eye pencil. The brand claims (as mentioned on the packaging) it to be long-lasting and super soft eye pencil for precise application.
My Experience with Essence Eyeliner Lucky Lead
As claimed, the lead of the eye pencil is super soft indeed. Its texture allows it to glide smoothly on the eyelid and therefore it has easier and smooth application. Unlike other soft eye pencils, it does not have a shiny or glossy appearance. It looks matte when applied and does not have any glitter or shimmer.
I tried using it as a kajal as well but was not able to apply it on the waterline of my eye. So using it as a kajal is not recommended.
I will not call it intense black in color. There are many other eye pencils with more and better pigmentation in the market. I have oily skin and I noticed that the liner came off easily when my finger accidentally touched my eyes. Also, the product comes off easily when washed.
The product comes off easily and doesn’t leave behind black smudges around the eye. It does not live up to its claim of being long lasting as it did not remain intact for more than 2 hours on my oily skin.
Overall Performance of Essence Eyeliner Lucky Lead
- Easy twist mechanism
- Soft texture
- Easy application
- Doesn’t leave behind black smudges when removed
- Has a long shelf life
- Not long lasting (at least on oily skin type)
- No ingredients mentioned on the packaging
- Not pigmented enough in comparison to other eye pencils in the market
- Cannot be used on the waterline of eyes.
Would I repurchase?
I may not purchase Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil as there are better alternatives in the market with the similar price range. Also, it did not last on my oily skin type. The fact that it did not have complete details on it like ingredients list put me off a little.
I would give it 2 out of 5.
More Essence Products?
- Essence Eyeshadow 06 Metropolitan Review + Swatches
- Essence Long Lasting Eye Pencil | 02 Hot Chocolate |Swatches |Review
- Essence XXXL Shine Lipgloss 07 Big Night Out Review
- Essence Matt Matt Matt Lipstick Kiss Me If You Can Review
- Essence Silky Touch Blush 70 Kissable Review
- Essence Silky Touch Blush Adorable 10 Review
- Essence Sun Club Shimmer Bronzing Powder 20 Suntanned Review
- Essence XXXL Longlasting Lip Gloss 07 Silky Red Review
- Essence Long Lasting Lipstick Barely There 06 Review
- Essence White Kajal 04 Review
- Essence Stay All Day 16h Long Lasting Makeup Foundation Review
Nice review and eye swatch :love
The liner seems to be an average one..
I will skip it. Thanks for the honest review :good:
Great review of eyeliner.
keep posting such good and meaningful articles.
This didn’t work well for me 🙁
Honest review! Well written! :haanji
loved your description about the product. i too have oily ski, wouldn’t really venture into buying this one… :rose: :rose: :love
Thank You guys for appreciating the review. :mail:
I prefer jet black stuff more