Who is it for? Elle 18 Belgian Brown Lipstick Is for those who want an affordable brown lipstick.
Rs. 100 for 4.3g
How To Use It?
Line your lips with the sharp edges of the lipstick then smoothly glide and fill in the rest of the lips. Do this a few times to let the chocolate color show up nicely.
My Experience with Elle 18 Belgian Brown Lipstick
It has black packaging with the face of a girl on one side. Earlier the cap head used to have edges now it’s more of an oval shape. I don’t think that makes any difference in terms of the product inside. It just looks cute. That’s it.
Also, they could have used the actual shade of the lipstick on the girl’s face so that the shade is recognizable just by a look. Well, this is just my suggestion.
Consistency and Texture
It has a creamy texture. But one swipe may not be sufficient.
The fragrance makes me wanna try some. It literally has a chocolaty smell and I am in love with it!
I am not really a lipstick person because I am never satisfied with the way it makes my lips look. I feel like I appear beyond my age. Or maybe I am always choosing the wrong shade! But this simply won my heart in terms of the shade. The dark chocolate color looks so classy, though in the images it appears a bit lighter. (Blame my mobile camera).
About the major brand claim that it is a matte lipstick, no it is not. It might be less creamer than the other elle18 lipsticks but definitely not matt. It doesn’t dry out or even looks matt. I had to apply some face powder on my lips to actually make it match my prior expectations.
Also, the color stays for only 2-3 hours (with no sipping or eating).
- Suitable for both fair and dark skin tones
- Smells like chocolate
- Long lasting Miniaturization
- Simple yet cool packaging
- It is not matt as it claims.
- Low staying power
- Transfers a lot
Would I Recommend and Repurchase
Don’t buy this because it says it’s matte, buy this because the shade is awesome and you can trust me on that. I would definitely repurchase it only because of its Belgian brown shade and the fact that it doesn’t dry.
More Elle 18 Lipsticks?
- Elle 18 Lipstick Primrose Blush
- Elle 18 Lipstick Shades: Pink Mocktail |Swatches|Review
- Elle 18 Color Pop Matte Lets Tango Lip Color Review
- Elle 18 Color Pop Matte Lip Color Pink Show Review
- Elle18 Color Pop Matte Lipstick Selfie Red (R34) Review
- Elle18 color pop matte Lipstick Deep Pink & Rose Day Review
- Elle 18 Color Pops Matte Lipstick Rust Rage Review
- Elle 18 Color Boost Lipstick Miss Pink Review
- Elle 18 Color Pops Lipstick Berry Ice Review
- Elle 18 Color Pops Matte Lipstick Berry Crush is Vampy Pretty!