Dried Apricots: An apricot fruit, also known as khubani is extremely rich in nutritional value and is sweet and velvety to touch. Apricots are dried by a certain evaporating process which reduces the water content in the fruit. However, it’s nutrition is retained which includes a range of vitamins and minerals. The vitamins A, C, K, E, and niacin are found abundantly along with minerals like potassium, copper manganese, magnesium, and phosphorous. It is also a rich source of dietary fibers.
Benefits of dried apricots
- Enhances skin glow and makes skin smooth.
- It helps treat and cure symptoms of asthma, tuberculosis, and bronchitis.
- Lowers blood pressure as it contains only a trace of salt and is a rich source of potassium. It prevents heart disease
- It prevents excessive blood loss in case of injury as it contains Vitamin K, which helps in blood clotting.
- Helps fight anemia as it is rich in iron.
- Treats constipation as dried apricots contain pectin and cellulose.
- Aids in digestion and is taken before a meal, also clears digestive tract by getting rid of unwanted waste.
- Reduces fever
- Used to treat itching due to sunburn, scabies or eczema and used as a scrub as well to exfoliate skin.
- It enhances vision as it is a rich source of vitamin A which reduces the probability of cataract or any damage to your eyes.
- Regulates heartbeat since it contains potassium which helps maintain a proper fluid balance.
- Increases production of hemoglobin as it contains minerals like iron and copper which produce hemoglobin
- Regulates metabolism and functions of tissue, organs, further helping in protein synthesis which helps in normal body growth and muscle building.
Dried apricots are extremely beneficial for health and I hope the article was informative for you to start including dried apricots in your diet.